GAME THREAD 7-16-2005 SOX vs INJUNS

QUOTE(baines03 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
Anyone know why Cleveland hasn't been playing Jody Gerut?

Guess they like Casey Blake's s***ty bat in the line up instead. No clue what the deal with Gerut is there. He was gonna play behind Juan Gonzalez this year if Juan wasn't hurt and now he is playing behind Blake and other OF options.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
Iguchi really struggled yesterday, but he's on record as saying he doesn't like to sit out, because he feels like he loses his rhythm at the plate.

Which is exactly why Ross Gload should be getting Harris's roster spot...that way, Ozzie feels less of a need to rest Iguchi when he doesn't want to.

I thought today would have been a good opportunity for Ozzie to play Ozuna at SS and give Uribe a break. Uribe's 0 for his last 14 AB's and Ozuna has the hot hand after getting 4 hits last night.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
Please tell me this is not Todd Zeile doing color. He was absolutely brutal during the Giants and Cards last week.

It's not Zeile. Please tell me that Zeile wasn't doing that game with Buck though?

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Please tell me this is not Todd Zeile doing color. He was absolutely brutal during the Giants and Cards last week.

Don't complain too much. I'm stuck with watching the Yanks-BoSox. :angry:

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
It's not Zeile.  Please tell me that Zeile wasn't doing that game with Buck though?

Nope. I wanna say Breneman (sp?), but not sure. Definetly wasn't Buck.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
Don't complain too much.  I'm stuck with watching the Yanks-BoSox. :angry:

It is sad when I am three hours from Chicago and instead of getting the best team in baseball, my local affiliate is broadcasting NY-Boston --east coast teams that I could care less about. Maybe they will get another barnburner 17-1 like last night. LOL

I e-mailed my local Fox station voicing my displeasure and lack of Sox love.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
Hope Hafner is ok, but wouldn't mind if he misses tomorrow's game also.  Hafner didn't do a very good job at getting out of the way of that pitch, but I have a feeling that someone will get plunked on the Sox next inning.

Ya, it wasn't intentional Hafner just hung in there to long. However, you're probably right someone will be plunked.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
Hope Hafner is ok, but wouldn't mind if he misses tomorrow's game also.  Hafner didn't do a very good job at getting out of the way of that pitch, but I have a feeling that someone will get plunked on the Sox next inning.

Probably at least sometime during the game. Unintentional but s*** happens.

I'd guess they wait for Everett or Konerko to come up in a non crucial situation.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Pretty good play by Crede there, as he made it look easy.  I'm not so sure Ozuna would have been able to come up with it.

Crede makes a lot of hard plays look routine. Pablo has problems knowing when to charge the ball and when to lay back and that was one of those plays that could have eaten him up.