GAME THREAD 7-16-2005 SOX vs INJUNS

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
We have to of scored more runs with two outs than anyone in baseball this year.

At least six of those runs seven runs yesterday were scored with two outs.

Today all three have so far.

Are you sure that stat is accurate? For some reason, I thought that our average with RISP, and 2 outs, is very poor.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
Aj's just a bit off, he's taking good swings and is just underneath the ball.

I noticed that also. He's getting some pitches right down the plate, and just fouling them straight back. He seems to be dropping his whole body a little too much when he swings. A lot of movement for a hitter who's usually pretty quiet at the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Are you sure that stat is accurate?  For some reason, I thought that our average with RISP, and 2 outs, is very poor.

We are actually in the lower half of the league... it just seems with two outs we always seem to make something happen.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
"everything so far this year has gone great for the white sox."

that quote scares me to death.  Something terrible is bound to happen

A lot of that has been us making our own luck. People don't get hurt much...why? Because Ozzie sits people with any minor injury and makes sure people get healthy. We score runs that we shouldn't why? Because we've been moving people over with guys like Tad or stolen bases.

We've overcome 1 injury in our starting pitching, 1 in our bullpen, and another struggling starter for a month. We've overcome shifting closers because one was falling apart.

Everythign hasn't gone great...we've worked around/through our problems and worked hard to prevent others.

The one thing I will still grant you is amazingly lucky is that the foot of the guy on the mound is healthy after spring training.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
A lot of that has been us making our own luck.  People don't get hurt much...why?  Because Ozzie sits people with any minor injury and makes sure people get healthy.  We score runs that we shouldn't why?  Because we've been moving people over with guys like Tad or stolen bases.

We've overcome 1 injury in our starting pitching, 1 in our bullpen, and another struggling starter for a month.  We've overcome shifting closers because one was falling apart.

The one thing I will still grant you is amazingly lucky is that the foot of the guy on the mound is healthy after spring training.

Don't forget missing Frank Thomas for a good portion of the first half. The Sox have been more than cautious with minor injuries this season to Pods, Uribe, and Crede (a little more serious injury).

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
I think everyone here has AJ on their minds (both Burnett and Pier  :bang .) He has K'ed a lot more than usual and his avg is way below his career avg.

I swear AJ has had the worst luck at the plate of anyone on this team this year. He's hit more hard line drives right at people or shots that have barely been caught than anyone.

Someone actually had a stat that I actually think showed that.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
I think everyone here has AJ on their minds (both Burnett and Pier  :bang .) He has K'ed a lot more than usual and his avg is way below his career avg.

We need to rest AJP in this 2nd half more than we did in the first half. I don't know if he's been tired, but his bat speed is really dragging right now.