GAME THREAD 7-16-2005 SOX vs INJUNS

QUOTE(GoArow33 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Don't worry. I'm not a jinx or anything. I've been to six games this year and they were all W's. I hope that means I'm not a jinx =).

Unless you're at the game today, then those numbers mean nothing to me :D

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
There a few guys in our lineup still that can hit much better: Juan, Pauly, and AJ.  Juan atleast is starting to make solid contact, Pauly has looked much much better as of late and I still think AJ will get better, he's just to good of a hitter not to.

OT: Why the hell does everyone think we were the first team to 10 wins, I've heard that on national broadcasts a million times.

Even though Crede isn't at 100% anymore I think he can get hot as usual in the 2nd half.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
There a few guys in our lineup still that can hit much better: Juan, Pauly, and AJ.  Juan atleast is starting to make solid contact, Pauly has looked much much better as of late and I still think AJ will get better, he's just to good of a hitter not to.

OT: Why the hell does everyone think we were the first team to 10 wins, I've heard that on national broadcasts a million times.

Apparently they do not know the difference from a.l. to n.l.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
What other reaction was there? :huh

Well, considering how people always get pissed at me for being Mr. Pessimist, I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought it was quite the "jinxable" statement.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Well, considering how people always get pissed at me for being Mr. Pessimist, I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought it was quite the "jinxable" statement.

I'm always the optimist, but I don't f*** with the baseball gods. :D

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Even though Crede isn't at 100% anymore I think he can get hot as usual in the 2nd half.

Could be but I think what we've seen with Joe is what we're going to get around .240-250ish with 20-25 homers and suburb defense, which is absolutely fine with me.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:35 PM)
I'm always the optimist, but I don't f*** with the baseball gods.  :D

Well said :cheers I never like to make any comments about a game being over until the 27th out has been made, or the Sox are up 10 with less than 3 innings remaining. It's not cause I'm a pessimist, just because I don't like to jinx things.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
Could be but I think what we've seen with Joe is what we're going to get around .240-250ish with 20-25 homers and suburb defense, which is absolutely fine with me.

Back injuries aren't very promising for a lot of offensive production. Hopefully, Crede will get used to the soreness, and be able to adjust and contribute.