Shingo Takatsu Heading West???

greasywheels121

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
I recall him having a limited no trade clause last year (to like 10 teams,) and them some people were saying there was a clause that invoke a full no trade clause for 2005 if his option was picked up.  But like you said, I have never seen it in a story.

It is really pissing me off. I remember something with a limited trade clause of like five to ten teams like you said. But a full trade clause i do not remember. Mlb4u has every players no trade clause even if it is limited to 5-15 teams or whatever and they do not have his. I am just gonna go with he doesn't have one until i see it in print some where.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
is it possible this move is just to free up a roster spot for duque?

Technically speaking from what I've heard thats what it appears to be as of now. I'm sure they have other things in mind as well, but the Sox are very very happy with Bobby Jenks and from what I hear there are at least some in the org that want him up from here on out. They feel he'll have some down outings, but as a whole he'll be good more often than bad.

However, it could also be a pre-cursor, but at the very least I'm sure this is a move that will be done by Monday to open up the spot for Duque.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
Edwin Jackson has really dropped in his prospect status.  He's walked 44 in just over 80 IP, and has only K'ed 52 (between Jacksonville and Las Vegas).  Is he hurt?  'Cause, those are not very impressive numbers at all...

And, I should say, that until Edwin regains his 'stuff' and his control, I'd rather have Shingo -- for our bullpen use or otherwise.

Wow -- he and Greg Miller seemed to have had a rought year or so.

The Dodgers are not very pleased with either and both could be had for a little less. In Miller's case health may be an issue but everything I've heard Jackson is or at least was healthy.

I know he had some minor injury early in the year but he's been struggling for a long time in AAA.

Still, he could be one of those guys that could frankly use a change of scenery. The Dodgers could also use a closer and Shingo would be a nice fit in the LA area. And for those that thing LA has given up your nuts. LA is due to get a bunch of their bats back and has the best pitching in the division (along with the Padres). There is absolutely no reason for them to give up.

If they are within 5 or 6 at the deadline, they will be buyers, mark my words. Plus they get the likes of Milton Bradley, Jose Valentin, and JD Drew back. Thats a pretty major difference, imo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
It could be interesting if Shingo pitches tonight.  With a 5 run lead and the fact that Neal and Viz pitched yesterday you'd think this would be a game shingo would pitch.  If he doesn't, something definitely coud be up.

I tend to think we'll see Jenks throw the 9th, assuming this game doesn't get any closer. I am definately buying into this rumor of Shingo being on the way out.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
I tend to think we'll see Jenks throw the 9th, assuming this game doesn't get any closer.  I am definately buying into this rumor of Shingo being on the way out.

i am, as well. He hasn't been used in awhile, today would be a perfect time.

I'm all for the "out with shingo" campaign

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
i am, as well.  He hasn't been used in awhile, today would be a perfect time.

I'm all for the "out with shingo" campaign

Shingo has done good and I think the team that gets him will be getting a quality reliever. At the same time he won't be around next year and Ozzie doesn't seem to have confidence in him. As the last guy in the pen I'm just as happy with Jenks as I would be with Shingo. I like Jenks upside and I'm assuming if they do keep him he's fitting in the clubhouse nicely.

Plus the Sox should be able to get a decent piece for Shingo that could help them via a trade or help them later on down the road (if it is a 5th starter) if Duque goes down again. I could even see Shingo dealt for a AAA lefty reliever to give the Sox some options as an insurance if Marte goes down again.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
Shingo has done good and I think the team that gets him will be getting a quality reliever.  At the same time he won't be around next year and Ozzie doesn't seem to have confidence in him.  As the last guy in the pen I'm just as happy with Jenks as I would be with Shingo.  I like Jenks upside and I'm assuming if they do keep him he's fitting in the clubhouse nicely. 

Plus the Sox should be able to get a decent piece for Shingo that could help them via a trade or help them later on down the road (if it is a 5th starter) if Duque goes down again.  I could even see Shingo dealt for a AAA lefty reliever to give the Sox some options as an insurance if Marte goes down again.

you're right. Shingo hasn't been terrible, but there's not a place for him in our pen right now. All he was doing was mop up duty lately, we have vizcy for that. He should have some trade value and it should be a win-win situation for whoever gets him

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
The Dodgers are not very pleased with either and both could be had for a little less.  In Miller's case health may be an issue but everything I've heard Jackson is or at least was healthy.

I know he had some minor injury early in the year but he's been struggling for a long time in AAA. 

Still, he could be one of those guys that could frankly use a change of scenery.  The Dodgers could also use a closer and Shingo would be a nice fit in the LA area.  And for those that thing LA has given up your nuts.  LA is due to get a bunch of their bats back and has the best pitching in the division (along with the Padres).  There is absolutely no reason for them to give up.

If they are within 5 or 6 at the deadline, they will be buyers, mark my words.  Plus they get the likes of Milton Bradley, Jose Valentin, and JD Drew back.  Thats a pretty major difference, imo.

Well it would have to be for a prospect with LA cause they have nothing we'd want on the roster.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
you're right.  Shingo hasn't been terrible, but there's not a place for him in our pen right now.  All he was doing was mop up duty lately, we have vizcy for that.  He should have some trade value and it should be a win-win situation for whoever gets him

The big thing with Viz is that his velocity is coming back. Early in the year he was in the low 90's, but now I've seen him hit 94-95 with a lot more regularity and he's throwing it for strikes. When Viz is on he can be nasty. He still has issues hanging the slider, but its less of a factor when he's able to get the fastball over the plate.

Early in the year he was lacking velocity on that hitter and missing his spots and hitters were just waiting for him to hang his slider (they didn't even have to worry about the heater).

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Well it would have to be for a prospect with LA cause they have nothing we'd want on the roster.

The reports are that it would be for a prospect, so I'm going to assume just that. My guess would be a swingman (guy that could start or relieve thats in AAA) or a middle infielder. Then there is the chance it could be a lefty reliever.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
I hope the prospect in the potential Shingo deal goes with another deal.  My guess is Reinsdorf has told Kenny get me another ace or Wagner or Guardado.  You can tell he wants to win and Kenny will deliever.

JR is going to have absolutely zero say in what Kenny gets. Kenny will approach JR and throw out a name and say I think this guy can put us over the top, is it alright to expand payroll (cause JR has to sign off on the moves) but JR isn't going to be the one telling Kenny who to get.

JR has faith in Kenny and isn't about to step on his feet. He lets the GM's of his club run the club and simply steps in with financial decisions for the most part. The only exceptions are when he deals with Frank Thomas.

Hell just think about how he refuses to deal with another players agents (for example the Skiles situation). JR is the type of guy that prefers to be behind the scenes and I can't blame him for that. Let the baseball people handle the roster. Of course if I were an owner I'd be a b**** to work for cause I'd think I could run the damn team.

Well, they may want jenks on the roster by trading shingo for a prospect it opens up a spot on the roster. That way Elduque can take that spot. They rarely use shingo anyway, so this might save cash to be used somewhere else, open up a spot, and keep a hard throwing jenks in there longer for a better look. To me we are not losing much.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Well, they may want jenks on the roster by trading shingo for a prospect it opens up a spot on the roster. That way Elduque can take that spot. They rarely use shingo anyway, so this might save cash to be used somewhere else, open up a spot, and keep a hard throwing jenks in there longer for a better look. To me we are not losing much.

I think thats exactly whats going to happen and its what I've heard. I don't know how much truth there is to the Shingo rumor, but I know the Sox like Jenks a lot and financially they could save a little money moving Shingo, which would give them a little more reserves for the deadline (plus it sounds like they could get at least one decent chip in return).

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
There's Shingo pitching against the Tribe who completely own his ass. This is definitely his last day with the Sox. You just don't put a guy who's been owned by such a team like the Indians.

They put him in on opening day in a 1-0 game.