Will Bulls make playoffs this year?

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Yes.

We keep Curry and Tyson we get better becasue Gordon, Duhon, Luol all gain a year of expierence.

Were getting better by staying the same.

Assuming none of them hit the "Sophomore slump".

We'll keep both if we want to...that's the brilliance of restricted free agents. So either we'll keep both or we'll get something valuable in a sign-and-trade.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
Assuming none of them hit the "Sophomore slump".

This is not baseball... ''sophmore slumps'' do not occur very often.. usually just get better from there on out or maintain that level.

This will be the first year i am exited for the nba season since jordan left. Boy am i pumped and hopefully we can get our two big men back for us this year. Chandler was so awesome to watch when he was pumped up at the end of games. Its gonna be exciting.

I think the Bulls can make the playoffs. Ben Gordon, Noce, Deng, Duhon, Hinrich, Davis, Othella, Pargo, Tyson. We don't need Curry. Unless there is some type of weight cluase or BMI cluase, etc. the Bulls shouldn't give Eddy a max deal. From what I see, he'll get lazy once he gets his max deal.

MEMO TO JON PAXSON: PLEASE SIGN DUHON, PARGO, AND TYSON. GET RID OF EDDY, UNLESS YOU CAN TIE HIS WEIGHT INTO THE DEAL!

Edited by fry the twinkies

If we resign all our guys, will be in the playoffs. But the eastern conference is looking a lot tougher, atleast on paper. The Central division is seriously TOUGH. You figure the Pistons and Pacers "in no order" should be the top two teams. Then you've got the Bucks and Cavs, who should both be very much improved. The Heat will obviously be there. A healthy Nets team, with the addition of Shareef, will definitely be tough.

My top 8 out of the East:

1. Miami

2. Detroit

3. Boston

4. Indiana

5. New Jersey

6. Washington

7. Chicago

8. Cleveland

Chicago will need more time for the youngsters to continue to get better, while still getting/drafting quality talent. GETTING LUIS SCOLA FROM THE SPURS WOULDN'T BE A BAD IDEAto help out the power forward corps, but his buyout from Tau Cermica (sp?) will cost a pretty penny. Also getting a backup to Eddy for the next few years will be crucial. SF looks set with Nitro/Luol, SG looks set with Gordon/Basden (who will be a Devin Brown clone IMO) and PG (if Duhon resigns) is set as well with Captain Kirk holding the fort down.

If the Bulls can't get Scola, maybe a sign and trade to get Hinrich's running mate from Kansas, Nick Collison, perhaps? Last year was pretty much his rookie season, which he wasn't too shabby. A good backup for Tyson, once Antonio Davis' contract expires, will be a good thing.

QUOTE(OilCan @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)

1.  Miami

2.  Detroit

3.  Boston

4.  Indiana

5.  New Jersey

6.  Washington

7.  Chicago

8.  Cleveland

Chicago will need more time for the youngsters to continue to get better, while still getting/drafting quality talent.  GETTING LUIS SCOLA FROM THE SPURS WOULDN'T BE A BAD IDEAto help out the power forward corps, but his buyout from Tau Cermica (sp?) will cost a pretty penny.  Also getting a backup to Eddy for the next few years will be crucial.  SF looks set with Nitro/Luol, SG looks set with Gordon/Basden (who will be a Devin Brown clone IMO) and PG (if Duhon resigns) is set as well with Captain Kirk holding the fort down. 

If the Bulls can't get Scola, maybe a sign and trade to get Hinrich's running mate from Kansas, Nick Collison, perhaps?  Last year was pretty much his rookie season, which he wasn't too shabby.  A good backup for Tyson, once Antonio Davis' contract expires, will be a good thing.

I'd switch the Nets and Celtics around. No way the Wizards and Celtics are better than the Bulls.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
I don't see Detroit winning the Central w/out Larry Brown on the bench.

They could be better if Saunders can bring a better offensive game plan, but I think that without Brown that team may very well tear itself apart, and I think it'll also bring a defensive downgrade.

QUOTE(OilCan @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)

1.  Miami

2.  Detroit

3.  Boston

4.  Indiana

5.  New Jersey

6.  Washington

7.  Chicago

8.  Cleveland

The pre-brawl Pacers were the most dangerous team in the NBA outside of the Pistons and Spurs last year. It's called devastating team defense. Indiana has the top defensive PG in Tinsley, the best perimiter defender in Ron Artest, and one of the best shot-altering forces in the league in Jermaine O'Neal. On top of that, they have quite a few scoring options and one hell of a coach. You can go on and on about that team, they are truly elite.

And of course, you have Boston ranked ahead of them, a team that will be lucky to win 45 games. :lol:

I remember when you were talking about the Spurs of the future, and you didn't mention Bruce Bowen...the closest thing to Scottie Pippen (defensively) in the entire league. That was very amusing, Oil Can.

Where do you get your info? ESPN?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
I like the Pacers in the Central.  With Artest back combined with the addition of Granger,  they might be the deepest team in the league.  I still can't believe they got Granger at 17.

In my best Hawk voice: Umm, yeah-ah.

The Pacers are f***ing insane. I thought this was common knowledge, but you know, every time I come on here I have to leave my seat and run head-first into a wall.

Don't buy into the New Jersey circus, though. While they have some defense on the perimiter, they have no strong BIGS (as that major bozo Scottie Pippen would say), and very little depth. It's really all glamour and glitz...for the 12 year olds, you know. Serious fans can see that they'll get hammered in the playoffs by any one of these three: Detroit, Indiana, Miami. I don't care if Krstic develops...he'll still get used and abused in crucial games.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
In my best Hawk voice: Umm, yeah-ah.

The Pacers are f***ing insane.  I thought this was common knowledge, but you know, every time I come on here I have to leave my seat and run head-first into a wall.

Don't buy into the New Jersey circus, though.  While they have some defense on the perimiter, they have no strong BIGS (as that major bozo Scottie Pippen would say), and very little depth.  It's really all glamour and glitz...for the 12 year olds, you know.  Serious fans can see that they'll get hammered in the playoffs by any one of these three: Detroit, Indiana, Miami.  I don't care if Krstic develops...he'll still get used and abused in crucial games.

So do you think they'll finish first?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Pip is the man...    :wub:

Does anybody know if he's still gonna do Bulls broadcasts?

Pippen was my favorite player when I was kid (Jordan was a close second). He'll go down as one of my top 5 players of all time by the time I'm on my deathbed.

That said, he is atrocious behind the mic. His head is waaay up there in the clouds. He reminds me of a boxer after 20+ years of getting his brains beat in every year.

And I still can't get over the celebrity roll call in Detroit. We have Eminem, Kid Rock, Anita Baker, and.....Scottie Pippen in the house tonight!!!

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
And I still can't get over the celebrity roll call in Detroit.  We have Eminem, Kid Rock, Anita Baker, and.....Scottie Pippen in the house tonight!!!

I know.

I wouldn't call those horrible "musicians" celebrities either...