Crede

bighurt2719

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
Thank you.  God damn I thought I was insane for dubbing him GG worthy.

He won't win a gold glove but he's been the best defensive 3rd base in atleast the al this year, I haven't seen Rolen play that much and he really hasn't played that much to Joe so I wont comment on that comparison.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
He won't win a gold glove but he's been the best defensive 3rd base in atleast the al this year, I haven't seen Rolen play that much and he really hasn't played that much to Joe so  I wont comment on that comparison.

Never said he would, he doesn't hit well enough.

For anyone who went to the game tonight... please, talk about Joe. I was there, and I just want others to not think that I'm overreacting. He was awesome tonight -- awesome. And I'm not even talking about what he did at the plate. He had some real tough in-between bounces, and he made 'em look easy. On the DP he turned with Iguchi, that ball was a rocket, and again -- made it look like a piece of cake. I was so impressed by Joe tonight...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
For anyone who went to the game tonight...  please, talk about Joe.  I was there, and I just want others to not think that I'm overreacting.  He was awesome tonight -- awesome.  And I'm not even talking about what he did at the plate.  He had some real tough in-between bounces, and he made 'em look easy.  On the DP he turned with Iguchi, that ball was a rocket, and again -- made it look like a piece of cake.  I was so impressed by Joe tonight...

I was there as well and his defense was spectacular.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
For anyone who went to the game tonight...  please, talk about Joe.  I was there, and I just want others to not think that I'm overreacting.  He was awesome tonight -- awesome.  And I'm not even talking about what he did at the plate.  He had some real tough in-between bounces, and he made 'em look easy.  On the DP he turned with Iguchi, that ball was a rocket, and again -- made it look like a piece of cake.  I was so impressed by Joe tonight...

He makes very tough plays look routine all the time. He's an awesome 3rd baseman, period.

Lots like to say he is only average defensively, I guess cause they love to bash the guy. Crede's defense is something that should NOT be questioned. Look at the stats...the guy is a great defensive third baseman, no question. And while I do get agitated at times with him at the plate, swinging Thor's Hammer up there, he came up big tonight, and I hope it continues!

He makes very tough plays look routine all the time. He's an awesome 3rd baseman, period.

Glad everybody is recognizing Joe's defense.

He's damn good defensively and I'd keep him for that reason.

If we must acquire Randa or some insurance, do so, but trade some prospects (I'm not so antsy about trading prospects anymore since the performances of Olivo, Reed, Wells, Fogg on other teams).

Keep Joe. His defense will save us some World Series games a la Brooksie Robinson in the 60s.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
He makes very tough plays look routine all the time.  He's an awesome 3rd baseman, period.

Glad everybody is recognizing Joe's defense.

He's damn good defensively and I'd keep him for that reason.

If we must acquire Randa or some insurance, do so, but trade some prospects (I'm not so antsy about trading prospects anymore since the performances of Olivo, Reed, Wells, Fogg on other teams).

Keep Joe. His defense will save us some World Series games a la Brooksie Robinson in the 60s.

Ok, now Joe Crede is damn good at 3B, but Brooks Robinson he's not.

Crede looks better on this team than last year's team. He might not be part of scoring a lot of runs, but he has damn sure prevented some opponent runs with his defense. It's all about balance. If you are going to place a light hitting, great defense, player somewhere on the field, the left side of the infield seems to be a great place to do it.

Ball coming at Crede and he has a bat :pray :wacko: :(

Ball coming at Crede and he has a glove :headbang :lookatme :notworthy :snr

I dont think I can remember Joe doing something as cool as his bat flip after his homerun yesterday. That was shades of Dante Bichette right there, I was jacked when he hit that home run. I can only imagine how great it was to be at the game.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
It's easy to come here and gloat after one good game, Timo people did it after his big hit against Oakland (I think it was them?). Do it with ANY type of cinsistency and I'd be pleased.

He consistantly plays one of the best 3Bs in all of baseball and gives our pitchers a chance to win games because of that. To me that is just as important, and with our pitching staff, maybe moreso.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
He consistantly plays one of the best 3Bs in all of baseball and gives our pitchers a chance to win games because of that.  To me that is just as important, and with our pitching staff, maybe moreso.

What's more valuable, A clutch hit with runners on 2B and 3B and two outs or a clutch defensive play with runners on 2B and 3B with two outs? One shows up in stats, the other, not really.