GAME THREAD 7-17-05 SOX vs INJUNS

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Another potential 3rd strike not called.

That pitch was a strike earlier this inning, let alone this game.

102 pitches for Jon...probably his last inning here...Neal's standing it up.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hafner will be ok...

Head athletic trainer Lonnie Soloff said Hafner sustained a mild concussion, which kept him out of the starting lineup Sunday. Hafner had no broken bones and didn't lose any teeth, though he had lacerations inside his upper lip.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
That pitch was a strike earlier this inning, let alone this game.

102 pitches for Jon...probably his last inning here...Neal's standing it up.

No, that pitch has been a strike all game, unless there's been 2 strikes. This ump is a f***ing coward, he's scared of calling the 3rd strike.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
Who's our righty set-up man tonight?  With Hermanson likely unavailable, will Ozzie save Politte for the 9th?  I think we'll see Cotts in the 7th, and then have Cliff/Marte hopefully finish off the 8/9th.

With a 4 run lead, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of both Viz and/or Jenks.

Why is Hermanson unavailable? What'd I miss? He didn't pitch yesterday. Family stuff?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
That was an unnessecary slide if I've ever seen one.

Not to mention Blake circled that ball like it was going to end up landing on the track. Wasn't exactly an efficient route he took to the ball.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
With a 4 run lead, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of both Viz and/or Jenks.

Why is Hermanson unavailable?  What'd I miss?  He didn't pitch yesterday.  Family stuff?

Someone said that Ozzie mentioned on the pregame show that Hermanson's back is bothering him again. I don't think we'll see Jenks or Viz in any 4 run games anytime soon.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Did you mean to say 3rd?

Nope. Right now, Ozuna is just producing so much more at the plate than Uribe. I know Uribe is swinging the bat better, but he's still just not producing at the plate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Is it me, or has Cotts velocity decreased?  I've seen one pitch at 88mph, but most of the other pitches seem a little lower?  However, I'd rather see him throw strikes at 86 mph than throw balls at 90 mph.

The radar gun is off by two miles at least... garland can hit 94 and he was at 90-91 all day... and that was his fast fastball today.