GAME THREAD 7-17-05 SOX vs INJUNS

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
BTW I hope that people who ripped the NL for starting Carpenter take a good look at todays game. Carpenter outdueled Clemens with a virtuoso performance and Dontrelle's slide continues.

Carpenter is easily the most underrated pitcher in MLB.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Because Crede isn't a great defensive player. Chavez blows him out of the water. Hawk and DJ=blowbags

are you serious?

crede plays amazing defense.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Because Crede isn't a great defensive player. Chavez blows him out of the water. Hawk and DJ=blowbags

Besides the fact that Crede has 1/3 the errors and slaps him in ZR you are dead on.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Besides the fact that Crede has 1/3 the errors and slaps him in ZR you are dead on.

LOL. Great post. :cheers

Just because Chavez has been very good in the past doesn't mean he's very good and deserves it this year.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
I must have missed the meeting where it was decided that zone rating means anything

Yeah, you're right being 2nd in the league among 3B in errors is nothing worth mentioning either.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
I must have missed the meeting where it was decided that zone rating means anything

So if you have better range and less errors that doesn't make you a gold glover above the guy you are comparing? What exactly do you look at then?

could we take a short moment to count how many off kilter comments were made for the titles of these threads...

i mean, cleveland has it coming for their mascot...but injuns...scalp the indians...whatever...

the important thing is that after oakland, we had 4 starters give up only 3 runs...ridiculous.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
could we take a short moment to count how many off kilter comments were made for the titles of these threads...

i mean, cleveland has it coming for their mascot...but injuns...scalp the indians...whatever...

the important thing is that after oakland, we had 4 starters give up only 3 runs...ridiculous.

What's your point?