GAME THREAD 7-17-05 SOX vs INJUNS

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Right when I started criticizing him.  That a boy Paul make me eat crow, I love it. :headbang

Yeah, welcome to my world where you criticize someone like Frank in the middle of an awful 0-5 game against the Tigers, and then he homers in the 13th inning to really make you look like an idiot! :cheers

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)
Our offense is really starting to heat up.  This isn't a bad staff we're beating up either.

If we can just get Dye back to the monster he was for about the last month and a half, we'll really take off.

Aaron and Paulie are ripping the ball right now...Aaron's getting good swings again and not swinging over the top of stuff, and Paulie's dropped his hands a little more and shortened up his swing & its helping him drive the ball

Podsednik is back up to .297...couple more hits and he'll cross that magical .300 line.

Dye and Thomas a bit cold right now, but ARow and Konerko are picking them up.

I love watching this team click.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
If we can just get Dye back to the monster he was for about the last month and a half, we'll really take off.

Plus the fact Juan is starting to hit the ball had and hasn't had anything to show for it yet and Aj is going to start hitting too, good stuff. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this O can do when everyone is doing what they can do. A lot of guys haven't hit up to what they normally do and the offense overall has been pretty good scoring runs so just imagine what they'll do when they get around their career averages.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
This is one of the more inconsistant strike zones I've seen in a while.

Yeah, those pitches at the knees early in the game would have been strikes in 95% of the games I've watched.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
God I hate those drums.  This place is almost as annoying as Oakland.

Almost being the key word there. We've won more games this wknd in Cleveland than we have in 10 years in Oakland, it seems.