GAME THREAD 7-17-05 SOX vs INJUNS

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to ask for more from Paulie...the ball just didn't carry...he nailed it on 2 strikes and drove it to the wall.

Could use a little better performance from Frank, but happily other guys are picking him up right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Garland continues to play with fire.  He's allowed more 2 strike hits today than he has in a long time.

It's hard to expect a shutout from a guy every single game. Decent hitters will usually be able to grab a run or two against almost everyone just off of luck.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Garland continues to play with fire.  He's allowed more 2 strike hits today than he has in a long time.

Looks like he is throwing too many pitches around the plate today, he needs to waste a few, especially w/ 2 strikes.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Jon is throwing fine  he has 2 strikes on every hitter and 3-4 occassions got screwed out of a backward K

What's happening is he's not getting the fastball called by the umpire, so he's going more with the change-up.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:16 PM)
Agree. wholeheartily, though I might say 5 or 6 times.

I think it's been 5 times by my count. The worst was by far to Perralta, in a big spot, but Garland K'd him on the next pitch.

Very, very nice Jon. Its a shame the you just aren't sharp today and are playing with fire so much. I'd rather have 5 straight 1-2-3 innings rather than just 5 scoreless. PICK IT UP :P

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Jon is throwing fine  he has 2 strikes on every hitter and 3-4 occassions got screwed out of a backward K

Is it my imagination or are we seeing a lot of that from umps this year. No consistency in how they call balls and strikes and when we get 2 strikes on ahitter the zone shrinks. Our guys are control picthers and when their zone gets pinched by an ump it hurts them more than a Randy Johnson type.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Yep, he gonna get burned here soon. He just not sharp enough today to keep up the escape acts.

He actually is pretty sharp, he's getting ahead of hitters and just aceing hitters with 2 strikes on them and he's not getting the calls.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
What's happening is he's not getting the fastball called by the umpire, so he's going more with the change-up.

He is getting absolutely nothing called at the knees and the Perholta AB the ball was waste high, more over the plate than when he rang up Frank in the 3rd and he called a ball. 13+ wins and still no respect from this prick ump!!!