GAME THREAD 7-17-05 SOX vs INJUNS

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Very, very nice Jon. Its a shame the you just aren't sharp today and are playing with fire so much. I'd rather have 5 straight 1-2-3 innings rather than just 5 scoreless. PICK IT UP :P

lol and instead of getting only a glass of milk, I'm asking for not one, but two cookies.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
Jon is throwing fine  he has 2 strikes on every hitter and 3-4 occassions got screwed out of a backward K

I agree as well, but i think sometimes he throws too many pitches around the plate w/ 2 strikes. If he wasted a few more here and there, than the batter wouldn't feel as comfortable. just my opinion. Other than that he has been Awesome this year!!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Very, very nice Jon. Its a shame the you just aren't sharp today and are playing with fire so much. I'd rather have 5 straight 1-2-3 innings rather than just 5 scoreless. PICK IT UP :P

Anytime you allow the first two runners to reach base, you're playing with fire. I don't care if you're Pedro Martinez or Felix Diaz.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Kip Wells is absolutely brutal, FWIW.  9 hits, 6 runs in 2.2 innings against Cubs so far.

Yeah he is today. I hope he can be a 15 game winner sometime, but it's not gonna happen if he's with the Pirates.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
He actually is pretty sharp, he's getting ahead of hitters and just aceing hitters with 2 strikes on them and he's not getting the calls.

Ok, I'm going by radio today instead of TV so I'll defer to better judgement but 3 of 5 leadoff hitters reaching is playing with fire and I wasn't infering that he'd lose only that he's making it hard to keep the shutout in tack.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Yeah he is today. I hope he can be a 15 game winner sometime, but it's not gonna happen if he's with the Pirates.

I'm not a fan of Wells at all. Like I said earlier in the week, Kip has issues on and off the field, and that's why Sox were so eager to get rid of him.

I don't know if any one has mentioned this, but the Royals and Tigers got into a brawl today, and Farnsworth got ejected for tackling a Royal. He willlikely be suspended for some time. What a dumb#$#@! BTW, the Indians announcers were mentioning there were alot of Sox Fans in attendance, and they couln't figure out why? Because they said Nobody goes to games on the Southside. f*** em, sure will be nice to shut these f***'s up once and for all, after we sweep there ass today! :D

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
Ok, I'm going by radio today instead of TV so I'll defer to better judgement but 3 of 5 leadoff hitters reaching is playing with fire and I wasn't infering that he'd lose only that he's making it hard to keep the shutout in tack.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make, but everyone takes most things I say as being the epitome of negative. If Garland wants to allow the first 3 runners to reach base every inning, and then get out of it scoreless, then more power to him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
"I don't know what the people are doing at the game in Cleveland in white sox  shirts, because they don't go to the games in Chicago"

- Cleveland announcers.

Bastards.

I was just about to post that. Team gets its ass handed to them on the field, so let's rip on the other team's fans? Classy.

Especially from the team 28th in the league in attendance.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
"I don't know what the people are doing at the game in Cleveland in white sox  shirts, because they don't go to the games in Chicago"

- Cleveland announcers.

Bastards.

Hey the Sox are kicking their asses in every aspect of this series, they have to b**** about something!!!

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
I don't know if any one has mentioned this, but the Royals and Tigers got into a brawl today, and Farnsworth got ejected for tackling a Royal. He willlikely be suspended for some time. What a dumb#$#@!  BTW, the Indians announcers were mentioning there were alot of Sox Fans in attendance, and they couln't figure out why? Because they said Nobody goes to games on the Southside. f*** em, sure will be nice to shut these f***'s up once and for all, after we sweep there ass today!  :D

Tigers must be pissed because they are getting blanked 4-0 by KC