Cal Eldred

zach23

Guest hotsoxchick1
Give them, Gordon and Josh Paul for him.

and hell ill toss in koch and white for s***s and giggles..........

WAY TO GO CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK............a true hero....... :headbang

WAY TO GO CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK............a true hero....... :headbang

They send Kline and something and it's a Deal!

Guest hotsoxchick1

hmm kline and a dirty pair of mac's socks form when he played and its a deal.. oh btw ill send kenny williams as an extra bonus.......... :D

hmm kline and a dirty pair of mac's socks form when he played and its a deal.. oh btw ill send kenny williams as an extra bonus.......... :D

I'm sure they'd be thrilled with their bonus prize.

And I'll send Aaron Miles as another bonus!!!! :lol:

Guest wsc425

Then I'll ask for Ankiel and Morris for Buehrle+100000000 dollars in cash and prizes for the Cards to deal to us.

HEATHER: Why do you not like Aaron Miles? I don't know much about the guy.

:usa You all have some great trade ideas for the Sox & the Cardinals. Cal is awesome & I love that I can see almost all the Cardinal games from where I live now.

Jim Edmonds & Tino Martinez are my favorite Cardinal players. :P Jim Edmonds is a thrill to watch makin' "Play of the Day" and then turning around & hittin' a "Walk-Off Homer" the next inning like he did last night.

HEATHER:  Why do you not like Aaron Miles?  I don't know much about the guy.

:usa You all have some great trade ideas for the Sox & the Cardinals.  Cal is awesome & I love that I can see almost all the Cardinal games from where I live now.

Jim Edmonds & Tino Martinez are my favorite Cardinal players. :P  Jim Edmonds is a thrill to watch makin' "Play of the Day" and then turning around & hittin' a "Walk-Off Homer" the next inning like he did last night.

awesome, you post here far too seldom -

why not come around more?

Are you going to the game Saturday?

Ugh.

There are VERY few athletes that qualify as a "true hero". Cal Eldred is not one of them.

"Inspiration"? Maybe. "Marvel of modern science"? Perhaps. "Hero"? Hell no.

People like Jackie Robinson are heroes. Hell, I don't think I'd even call Lance Armstrong (cancer survivor and winner of like 4 Tour de Frances) a hero.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Ugh.

There are VERY few athletes that qualify as a "true hero". Cal Eldred is not one of them.

People like Jackie Robinson are heroes. Hell, I don't think I'd even call Lance Armstrong (cancer survivor and winner of like 4 Tour de Frances) a hero.

if you wouldnt call someone like lance a hero then your a non feeling person..........heros come in all shapes and sizes and for different reasons.... someone of cals stature and the things he went through to keep his career going are part of the fabric that heros are cut from.......the desire and driving force which keeps one on a path to achieve can easily be thought of as a heros way .........if i want cal to be a hero then thats my choice... he is a rolemodel and definately a man whos struggled through hurdles to get to a road in his career where he can succed.......hes got heart .......hes got class.... hes got a 9 in screw in his arm....he can be my hero ................... :D

Ugh.

if you wouldnt call someone like lance a hero then your a non feeling person..........heros come in all shapes and sizes and for different reasons.... someone of cals stature and the things he went through to keep his career going are part of the fabric that heros are cut from.......the desire and driving force which keeps one on a path to achieve can easily be thought of as a heros way .........if i want cal to be a hero then thats my choice... he is a rolemodel and definately a man whos struggled through hurdles to get to a road in his career where he can succed.......hes got heart .......hes got class.... hes got a 9 in screw in his arm....he can be my hero ................... :D

Fair enough.

I guess we just have differing definitions of "hero".

To me, a hero is someone who shows more than determination and an unwavering desire to succeed. A hero has those qualities, but IMO also uses them to better the lives of others -- people that they most likely do not even know. People like firemen, police officers, surgeons, etc are all heroes IMO.

People who play a game can certainly be role models and inspirations to millions of people, but "hero" is a term that is used a bit loosely nowadays IMHO.

Guest hotsoxchick1
To me, a hero is someone who shows more than determination and an unwavering desire to succeed.

a 9 inch screw in your arm isnt a desire to succeed........wtf???lol.. lol lol .. i wouldnt have done it unless i wanted to succeed........im sure cal had that very thing on his mind too when he went under the knife........( i had to bust on ya for that one lol).. but i do understand where your coming from.... but a hero can also be an against all odds type of guy.. and where cal is concerned he did just that or should i say is trying to accomplish that.. they said he would never pitch again and look... hes doing it and quite well i may add for a guy in his position..........i love to hear success stories like this because there is a kid sitting somewhere in the world facing a problem like this and will maybe take into account what cal has done and he wont let his life pass him by he will make something of it instead................thats how i like to think of it anyway............ :D

:usa

Clujer420 & HotSoxChick are both right. You made me have to go look in my Funk & Wagnall for the difinition of HERO: A hero can be a military hero...a man of courage & nobility famed for his military achievements. A hero can also be a man admired for his noble qualities & achievements and considered a model or ideal .

CWSOX: I don't post very much right now because I don't have my computer hooked up at my new home right now until I get a full time job. This is my Daughter computer I'm using.

I should be at the game on June 11 I think it is for the Hawk & DJ Bobblehead Dolls and would love to come sooner if possible. I'll post on the message boards if I go to a game any sooner.

Hope the Sox are HOT and in 1st place by then. :P