Who Gets Sent Down

Cubs Suck23

I would say Jenks, Barons need him also. I hope we can bring up Gload back up soon. Dont care whoever is sent down with Willie or Timo when Ross comes up. By the way Ross was the only sig I have on my Soxfest baseball that's why I cant wait to see him up :lol: :gosoxretro:

Jenks will be going back down for El Duque obviously...he hasn't pitched since Oakland.

My big question is this; Ross Gload's rehab assignment supposedly ends tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what that means? Is there any way that the team can keep Gload at AAA after his rehab assignment is over? Will we actually be forced to activate him tomorrow? Or can they keep him down without placing him on waivers?

Anyone have any details on the exact status of Gload?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Jenks will be going back down for El Duque obviously...he hasn't pitched since Oakland.

My big question is this;  Ross Gload's rehab assignment supposedly ends tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me what that means?  Is there any way that the team can keep Gload at AAA after his rehab assignment is over?  Will we actually be forced to activate him tomorrow?  Or can they keep him down without placing him on waivers?

Anyone have any details on the exact status of Gload?

Then willie and jenks will probaly go down.

Unless KW has a trade that opens up a roster spot by tommrow. :ph34r:

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

I think the Sox want to move Shingo to open up the roster spot for Jenks to stay. The Sox are very high on this kid. The only thing I can't figure out is why Ozzie has failed to use him. I'm not sure if Ozzie and Kenny see eye to eye on this point when it comes to Jenks.

I'm not saying Ozzie doesn't like Jenks, but I don't think he has the confidence in him as of yet and would prefer a veteran.

In regards to Gload, his rehab stint ended today so they got till tomorrow to do something. I swear he would be out of options but he must have one left cause everything I've heard has him being put on the Charlotte roster.

The Sox can't get rid of Willie due to Crede's back.

I think the Sox want to move Shingo to open up the roster spot for Jenks to stay.  The Sox are very high on this kid.  The only thing I can't figure out is why Ozzie has failed to use him.  I'm not sure if Ozzie and Kenny see eye to eye on this point when it comes to Jenks.

I'm not saying Ozzie doesn't like Jenks, but I don't think he has the confidence in him as of yet and would prefer a veteran. 

In regards to Gload, his rehab stint ended today so they got till tomorrow to do something.  I swear he would be out of options but he must have one left cause everything I've heard has him being put on the Charlotte roster. 

The Sox can't get rid of Willie due to Crede's back.

Jason I agree with your thought process, it's obvious management is high on Jenks and want to see what he can do.

They're probably thinking they want to see how much this guy can contribute and if he falls on his face, they feel they can land another bullpen arm in Aug. when more teams fall out of it.

Jenks is a totally different look vs. anyone they have in the pen, huge power arm, etc. but he will need to calm down in a hurry. His first two outings he was majorly geeked up and overthrowing.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
Jason I agree with your thought process, it's obvious management is high on Jenks and want to see what he can do.

They're probably thinking they want to see how much this guy can contribute and if he falls on his face, they feel they can land another bullpen arm in Aug. when more teams fall out of it.

Jenks is a totally different look vs. anyone they have in the pen, huge power arm, etc. but he will need to calm down in a hurry.  His first two outings he was majorly geeked up and overthrowing.

Exactly, I tend to think the Sox will hold on bullpen help. If Jenks can dominate than they won't make a move. If he can't, than they'll be able to swing a deal after the non-waiver deadline passes. Relievers tend to pass through waivers.

Than again, even if they give him the shot now, there is at least a decent amoutn of time to evaluate Jenks before July 31st.