Lost in the shuffle about D-Train and Garland.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
He has that filthy curveball. Made a couple of batters look stupid.

BTW, how about Clemens? He came into that game having allowed only 1 earned run all season! That is sick...

You've got your stats wrong...he'd allowed 1 earned run on the road all season. He's now allowed 2 on the road.

Anywho...if there's someone who's going to challenge Garland for the league lead in wins not named Mark Buehrle, it's probably Carpenter. He's healthy, he's better than anyone realizes, and he just keeps winning. He's got an ERA that I believe is below 1 since May.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
You've got your stats wrong...he'd allowed 1 earned run on the road all season.  He's now allowed 2 on the road.

Anywho...if there's someone who's going to challenge Garland for the league lead in wins not named Mark Buehrle, it's probably Carpenter.  He's healthy, he's better than anyone realizes, and he just keeps winning.  He's got an ERA that I believe is below 1 since May.

D-Train?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
D-Train?

D-Train has looked terrible lately...he got beaten up in his last start, and he has a repeated history of great first halves and terrible second halves. Carpenter had a great year all year last year, and he was only stopped when he got hurt.

I'll believe Dontrelle can throw his hat into the ring when I see him hold it together for a full season, and I haven't seen that yet. He even looked like he had some technique problems last time he pitched...leg kick was dropping, was slide stepping, and was being hammered.