7/17 Games

Heads22

Haggerty was sent down before Gonzalez got hurt. Not sure when Young got hurt but it does appear to be a pulled muscle in his side. If that is the case, it may be a long recovery. Would not be easy to hit, and especially with any power like that.

Garcia was okay to play today, but Razor kept him on the bench as insurance and flexibility.

I think they should let Phillips DH for the time being. He can swing a bat.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Haggerty was sent down before Gonzalez got hurt.  Not sure when Young got hurt but it does appear to be a pulled muscle in his side.  If that is the case, it may be a long recovery.  Would not be easy to hit, and especially with any power like that.

Garcia was okay to play today, but Razor kept him on the bench as insurance and flexibility. 

I think they should let Phillips DH for the time being.  He can swing a bat.

Thats true. If the strained muscle is in his ribs or abdominals it will take quite awhile to heal. These muscles are so thick and provide all of the trunk rotation during the swing. even if they are just sore it robs players of a lot of power and speed during the swing.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
Thats true. If the strained muscle is in his ribs or abdominals it will take quite awhile to heal. These muscles are so thick and provide all of the trunk rotation during the swing. even if they are just sore it robs players of a lot of power and speed during the swing.

Thanks for putting into easily understandable words what I meant. lol

I knew what I wanted to say, but gave up after about 10 seconds of trying to think of what you posted.

:cheers