Maggs Returns!

Brian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will appaluad for his first at bat at the game WENS. ( Box Section 325). But that is it. I do not think Maggs is completely responsible for leaving the Sox. His scum bag agent had a lot to do with it I think. But Maggs had a few great years as a Sox. And it is working out better without the Venezualian Piece of s*** here.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Does anyone on this board realize Magglio not taking the White Sox offer turned into a very good thing for the White Sox? The bitterness is puzzling. He did us a favor. I believe his reception will be mixed. There will be the boo birds, but there will be a lot of people who will appreciate his accomplishments in a White Sox uniform. Hopefully, no one will do something stupid. It is half price night.

Personally I don't hate the guy cause he got more money, I hate the guy cause he's an ass and took shots at the organization. I hope he gets booed and booed big time.

There's also another thing to think about with this mess...he basically said screw you to the organization when KW was still showing interest in him.

During the whole season last year we had the debate over how his rehab was going, would he resign, whether or not he had permission to go overseas for that surgery.

The one that really got to me however was in December, during the FA period. Magglio's people kept coming out and saying that they were willing to schedule a workout for any team to come and look at his knee, but they refused to do it before the arbitration deadline, thereby making it impossible for the Sox to even offer him arbitration (and get a draft pick).

It's not like any team would have considered signing him without looking at his knee, but his people absolutely refused to even give the Sox the chance to evaluate him before they had to give up the option of bringing him back. That told me he didn't want to play with my team any more, and that's the one that hurt.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
If you take swipes at them then your doing it to the organization. Im a fan of the White Sox organization so i dont like people taking swipes at it. I will be booing for maggs and I hope that there are more boos then cheers.

I'm a fan of the team, not the organization. They'll be long gone when my kids are rooting for the sox. I like, no love, what the organization has done this year, no doubt. I will always root for the Sox -- I have not always cheered Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
I'm a fan of the team, not the organization. They'll be long gone when my kids are rooting for the sox. I like, no love, what the organization has done this year, no doubt. I will always root for the Sox -- I have not always cheered Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf.

Sitting 32 games above .500, I can't help but cheer KW. He's um, done all right.

I will cheer for the Chairman when Bud Selig hands him a trophy. I promise. Until then...

I have come to realize that when it comes to Ordonez, I really don't care any more. I used to love the guy. Then when the s*** hit the fan in the offseason, I was pissed. Now, Magglio Ordonez is a Detroit Tiger and that's exactly the outlook I have about him. Just another decent ballplayer on an opposing team.

I think Garth Brooks summed it up for me

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care

Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

I believe Maggs was the best Sox player the past 5 years, was sad to see him go. As it worked out however, we are so lucky he turned down the last Sox offer.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
I don't know.  You could probably do better though.

what about a sign that says f**GLIO...... Hahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahaha

thats just precious and completely and utterly full of class and originality.

Here's my plan:

I'm gonna show up just boo and bash the best player we had on the team the past few years because he decided he didn't want to stay here any more. He also, gasp, took a better offer from another team, while he was hurt in order to secure his family's future. Then tomorrow when the media is calling all Sox fans, bitter and stupid etc. for booing him instead of enjoying this season, I'll whine about how the media picks on us.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
Here's my plan:

I'm gonna show up just boo and bash the best player we had on the team the past few years because he decided he didn't want to stay here any more. He also, gasp, took a better offer from another team, while he was hurt in order to secure his family's future. Then tomorrow when the media is calling all Sox fans, bitter and stupid etc. for booing him instead of enjoying this season, I'll whine about how the media picks on us. 

...go get him SS. :lol: :lol:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
Here's my plan:

Funny you just summed up the next four days at soxtalk perfectly...

:banghead :lol:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
...go get him SS. :lol:  :lol:

Meh, this is one of those issues that isn't even worth it. People can take what they want to take from the Maggs era. I am taking 61-29 from it. And I am laughing at all of the lies and deceit that we got dealt for making Ordonez a really rich man, and even after being willing to give him a huge contract dispite his knee problem we are still the "enemy", that's fine. 5-7 years of being a Tiger just goes to show that you reap what you sow.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
Meh, this is one of those issues that isn't even worth it.  People can take what they want to take from the Maggs era.  I am taking 61-29 from it.  And I am laughing at all of the lies and deceit that we got dealt for making Ordonez a really rich man, and even after being willing to give him a huge contract dispite his knee problem we are still the "enemy", that's fine.  5-7 years of being a Tiger just goes to show that you reap what you sow.

This is one topic where I have and always will agree 100% with you.

The day he fired his agent and signed with Boras was when it was written in stone for me as to who was at fault for that whole saga. I feel like I'm in the cliches post, but what goes around comes around.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
Meh, this is one of those issues that isn't even worth it.  People can take what they want to take from the Maggs era.  I am taking 61-29 from it.  And I am laughing at all of the lies and deceit that we got dealt for making Ordonez a really rich man, and even after being willing to give him a huge contract dispite his knee problem we are still the "enemy", that's fine.  5-7 years of being a Tiger just goes to show that you reap what you sow.

It's like Silvy of ESPN Radio 1000 just said:

It's kinda like breaking up with your ex-girlfriend. Afterward, she hits the skids, unable to find another guy, while you end up with a model. You know? You walk into the bar with her on your arm and just kinda give your ex a nod. Nothing needs to be said.

I encourage Sox fans to not go overboard with this series. Show some class and celebrate the fact that we are the best team in baseball. That said, I believe most Sox fans get it and we won't hear of any problems.

At the end of the day, Maggs is a member of the Tigers for 5-7 years and the White Sox have the best record in all of baseball, something I highly doubt if Ordonez and his $75M were on the roster. :D

mags was good, but power baseball doesnt work. we have the best team in the league now, so no hard feelings towards mags. he probably doesnt even care, since hes a multimillionaire, i know i wouldn't. his attack on ozzie got the response it deserved, and it's over now, ozzie said so himself. i dont even care about mags at all anymore. i wouldn't boo or cheer, but thats just me i guess.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
It's kinda like breaking up with your ex-girlfriend.  Afterward, she hits the skids, unable to find another guy, while you end up with a model.  You know?  You walk into the bar with her on your arm and just kinda give your ex a nod.  Nothing needs to be said.

Yah, still waiting for that scenario. :bang

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:24 AM)
I have to say, I just heard Ozzie's rant again for the first time in a month or so and I nearly spat my OJ all over the screen.

"Heee just another Venezuelan pieeece o' sheet." :lolhitting  :lolhitting

Do you or anyone else have a link to the audio of that somewhere? I wouldn't mind hearing that again myself.

:D

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
Do you or anyone else have a link to the audio of that somewhere?  I wouldn't mind hearing that again myself.

:D

No. Sorry, but I'm telling you, I haven't heard it in a month and when they played it, I nearly woke up the rest of the house. It was just so damn funny.

Ozzie Montana at his best.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
mags was good, but power baseball doesnt work. we have the best team in the league now, so no hard feelings towards mags. he probably doesnt even care, since hes a multimillionaire, i know i wouldn't. his attack on ozzie got the response it deserved, and it's over now, ozzie said so himself. i dont even care about mags at all anymore. i wouldn't boo or cheer, but thats just me i guess.

Thats your opinion if you think he doesnt care. But while he was calling for a trade 2 weeks ago, im sure he was looking at the standings and wondered what the hell am I doing in detroit???

Maggs is a crybaby, and left for more money, I will boo every player that does this for the rest of my life.