Atlanta Braves

Will they win the division?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will they win the division?

• Yes
    • No

I think the Braves will win the division. For the last 4-5 years, they've been written off, everyone's like this is the year they lose it, this is the year they lose it, and then come July-August, here come the Braves again. Until they don't win the divison, I will predict them to win the NL East every year.

Look at what this team has done in June with 3 or 4 of their best guys on the DL. They've come roaring back into 2nd place and have just been sitting there waiting for the Nats to slump. Andruw Jones has found his swing. Kelly Johnson, Langerhans, other guys who's names I don't know...wow.

And now...Tim Hudson came off the DL yesterday and threw 6 shutout innings, and Hampton came off the DL today (although he struggled). And Chipper should be back this week.

This team will win that division. Anyone who bets against Bobby Cox is trying to commit suicide. That is all.

Btw, something to think about...if you gave Bobby Cox the lineup and pitching staff of the Chicago Cubs...do you think they'd hover around .500 all year? Take a look at their lineup and compare it to the Braves. That says something.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
Look at what this team has done in June with 3 or 4 of their best guys on the DL.  They've come roaring back into 2nd place and have just been sitting there waiting for the Nats to slump.  Andruw Jones has found his swing.  Kelly Johnson, Langerhans, other guys who's names I don't know...wow.

And now...Tim Hudson came off the DL yesterday and threw 6 shutout innings, and Hampton came off the DL today (although he struggled).  And Chipper should be back this week.

This team will win that division.  Anyone who bets against Bobby Cox is trying to commit suicide.  That is all.

Btw, something to think about...if you gave Bobby Cox the lineup and pitching staff of the Chicago Cubs...do you think they'd hover around .500 all year?  Take a look at their lineup and compare it to the Braves.  That says something.

Cox and mazzone could probally take 20 teams in the league to the playoffs.

Edited by qwerty

It's amazing what they've been able to do. I was surprised that they ran away w/ it last year. They had lost Sheff, Javy Lopez, Castilla, and Mad Dog and still won. Never swrite them off until they actually lose the division. I'm surprised that Danny Graves didn't go to Atlanta after being released by the Reds.

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
The Cubs still have a shot. They have 14 head-to-head w/ the Cards, 10 w/ the Astros, and 6 w/ Atlanta.

A shot at the division or WC? Hopefully you’re talking about the WC. If its the WC you’re talking about than yes they do have a shot. With Wood and Prior back healthy, and if they stay healthy, they have a very good shot of going to the postseason. And if they make it they have a very good chance of going deep into those playoffs. But that is why I hope they choke. ;)

A shot at the division or WC? With Wood and Prior back healthy, and if they stay healthy, they have a very good shot of going to the postseason. And if they make it they have a very good chance of going deep into those playoffs. But that is why I hope they choke.  ;)

Both. W/ the 14 head-to-head w/ St. Louis, and the 10 w/ Houston, they have a shot. BTW - I'm a Big Cubs fan, but I respect the Sox and I only root against them when they play the Cubs. Last year, everyone said that had the Cubs made the playoffs, they'd be even more dangerous than in 03, b/c they had everyone down the stretch w/ the exception of Hollandsworth and Borowski. B/c of the injuries to regulars, they would have been more rested than other teams b/c of the injuries, and b/c of the injuries and the "Lemons" having to play, and the fact that they saved the season, they'd be in better shape. IMO no doubt they would have won the World Series if they had made the playoffs.