Shingo to the Dbacks by today?

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
I think he will be staying with the White Sox.  He had 1 bad outing against a team that owns him.  It's stupid to trade him.

the sox have wanted to trade him long before yesterday

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
I think he will be staying with the White Sox.  He had 1 bad outing against a team that owns him.  It's stupid to trade him.

36 years old, cant get lefties out and is afraid to put hitters away. Trade him, and get something for him now. Before Byung Yung Kim reappears in the playoffs.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)

As opposed to the Great Bobby(Cy) Jenks who's pitched all of 1.1 innings with 3 BB and 3 earned runs

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Thats what ESPN 1000 repored at 10:20 update... Not to sure how accurate Levine is since I only live in Chicago 4 months out of the year

Oh he will hit one from time to time. Its just a matter of the odds.

But I love it when during the offseason we had someone coming to the whitesox and confirmed on the internet by other news sources and then half way through the Hot Stove Edition of Talking Baseball Bruuuce Levine would come up with his ESPN 1000 exclusive. You heard it here first he said. I actually read it first on rotoworld, foxsports.com, espn and about a 100 other outlets.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
36 years old, cant get lefties out and is afraid to put hitters away.  Trade him, and get something for him now.  Before Byung Yung Kim reappears in the playoffs.

really well lefties are batting .239 against him. Keep him. He had a bad outing against a team that owns him.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
really well lefties are batting .239 against him.  Keep him.  He had a bad outing against a team that owns him.

He pitched great against Texas also. Maybe they also PWN him. I have this stinking thought that Boston will PWN him also. And probably the Yanks.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
really well lefties are batting .239 against him.  Keep him.  He had a bad outing against a team that owns him.

If you like him so much why dont you marry him

Anyways, Hes not that good anymore, everyone has figured him out. Time for a change.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
If you like him so much why dont you marry him

Anyways, Hes not that good anymore, everyone has figured him out. Time for a change.

Ultimately, that's just it. He got by with a year of smoke-and-mirrors and everyone in the AL, especially the AL Central (with whom we will have many, many games in the second half) have figured him out. He won't be re-signed after this season anywho. Trade him. Get younger. Get a contributor for 05' and beyond.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
Ultimately, that's just it.  He got by with a year of smoke-and-mirrors and everyone in the AL, especially the AL Central (with whom we will have many, many games in the second half) have figured him out.  He won't be re-signed after this season anywho.  Trade him.  Get younger.  Get a contributor for 05' and beyond.

and that's why an NL team would take him. the NL hasn't seen him much. He could get away with a few months of sucess over there.

Chat with Jayson Stark:

"John (Peoria)

What do you see the DBacks doing as the trade deadline approaches? Do they sell or buy because as we know, the NL West his very winnable at this point

JAYSON STARK

They want to upgrade their bullpen, for this year and beyond. I think Danys Baez has cooled off. But they could get Shingo Takatsu from the White Sox as early as today."

Nothing new, just another name.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
My dream Arizona/White Sox deal:

Shingo, 2 of Willie/Timo/Ozuna for AAA LHP, Cintron

Something along these lines...

I really dont want to trade Ozuna at this time. He's really stepped in and done a great job for us.

My guess if this goes through, is Shingo for a prospect or someone in Arizona's system who's stuck in AAA and can go to Charlotte. Would absolutely love to see Shingo+Willie for Cintron but I don't think the Sox can pry Cintron away.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
I would rather have Craig Counsell over Cintron. maybe we can trade Shingo,Willie for him than bring up Ross Gload

Agreed. I'd rather have the solid veteran player this year. Good point. However, it's probably not doable.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
My guess if this goes through, is Shingo for a prospect or someone in Arizona's system who's stuck in AAA and can go to Charlotte.  Would absolutely love to see Shingo+Willie for Cintron but I don't think the Sox can pry Cintron away.

Cintron has truly fallen out of favor with the Diamondbacks. If you listen to talk around the league, teams are truly enamored with Willie Harris' speed. I guess they all think he is a project that is too fast to not be interested in. Unfortunately, we all know this is not true, and that Willie Harris can't hit, has no stolen base instict, and sucks at defense (ie worthless). If the Diamondbacks can't give Cintron the everyday job after what he accomplished in 2003, then they are willing to deal him.

I truly feel that a Shingo and Willie trade for Cintron could work, with perhaps smaller pieces working as well. This would be huge for the White Sox, as Cintron is a great defensive player at SS, 2B, and 3B, plus, I am in total believe that he could then become a staple in this organization.

Anyway, this is just a cream dream, because if Pittsburgh is willing to deal Mesa, I think the D-Backs would bite on that before Shingo (duh!).