Shingo to the Dbacks by today?

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
My dream Arizona/White Sox deal:

Shingo, 2 of Willie/Timo/Ozuna for AAA LHP, Cintron

Something along these lines...

No! Don't trade Ozuna! He can't have that much marketability, and he's more valuable to us than anything AZ would be willing to trade for him (so much so that he would be included in a deal along with others.)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
What time does this trade have to go down to put Hernandez on the active roster

Jenks can go donw no matter what to put El Duque on the roster. I'm more questionning when something has to happen to figure out what to do with Gload, who's rehab assignment ends today.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Jenks can go donw no matter what to put El Duque on the roster.  I'm more questionning when something has to happen to figure out what to do with Gload, who's rehab assignment ends today.

He'll be officially optioned to Charlotte, according to the papers.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
7.05 CST is when a roster move has to happen to let El Duque back on the roster.

Actually, I believe the player has to be on the active roster at least 1 hr before gametime to be able to play so I think it is 6:05... :huh

Since Shingo is so terrible, Im sure he has more blown saves than Hermanson in the last 2 years...

He has to have more blown saves than Rivera...

Oh wait, never mind.

Shingo was not smoke and mirrors, he is like Foulke. They rely on control to get out hitters, Shingo's control last year was much better than this year. This year he is about half an inch off, and it makes him get behind hitters. Most relievers who get behind hitters do not do that well.

As soon as Shingo finds the strike zone more he will be back to putting up the numbers he did last year, regardless of how many times a team has faced him.

Last year the team he faced the most times, the Twins, he only gave up 1 er in 10 2/3 ip.

The teams he gave up the most to, Boston and NY, he faced for 3ip and 1ip, respectively.

Personally Id rather give Shingo a chance to regain his control and be a dominant member of the bullpen, then trade for a player who might not even play this year.

:shrug:

SB

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Actually, I believe the player has to be on the active roster at least 1 hr before gametime to be able to play so I think it is 6:05... :huh

Probably. I just hope they dont put Gload on waivers. I have a funny feeling someone will grab him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Probably.  I just hope they dont put Gload on waivers.  I have a funny feeling someone will grab him.

He has options remaining. He won't have to pass through waivers.

Id much rather trade myself for Johan Santana, but there is that whole part about the other team wanting what you are selling.

Shingo is not going to get what he is worth in trade. Right now we would be selling him low, 1 year left on contract, making over $2mil, not really performing.

Might as well keep him, because trading just to trade generally does not do much. If we are not significantly going to improve, we might as well keep him as insurance. Because if Hermanson struggles, etc, it is nice to have Shingo a guy used to pressure who can step in.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

SB

Like the sun times said couple days ago it will be for top prospect to make room for el duque come up tonight. So jenks will stay up and gload will be on minor league team. Unless they make it a multi player deal dont look for anything good coming from arizona

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Cintron has truly fallen out of favor with the Diamondbacks.  If you listen to talk around the league, teams are truly enamored with Willie Harris' speed.  I guess they all think he is a project that is too fast to not be interested in.  Unfortunately, we all know this is not true, and that Willie Harris can't hit, has no stolen base instict, and sucks at defense (ie worthless).  If the Diamondbacks can't give Cintron the everyday job after what he accomplished in 2003, then they are willing to deal him.

I truly feel that a Shingo and Willie trade for Cintron could work, with perhaps smaller pieces working as well.  This would be huge for the White Sox, as Cintron is a great defensive player at SS, 2B, and 3B, plus, I am in total believe that he could then become a staple in this organization.

Anyway, this is just a cream dream, because if Pittsburgh is willing to deal Mesa, I think the D-Backs would bite on that before Shingo (duh!).

Go home.

Willie sucks at defense? ROFL.

Cintron can play third? So can ozuna.

I like cintron but he is overated around these parts imo. Ideally he is a platoon player ( cannot hit left handed aka hit righties well) He has hit .267 the last three years and .311 obp, .702 ops. In otherwords...meh.

Id much rather trade myself for Johan Santana, but there is that whole part about the other team wanting what you are selling.

Shingo is not going to get what he is worth in trade. Right now we would be selling him low, 1 year left on contract, making over $2mil, not really performing.

Might as well keep him, because trading just to trade generally does not do much. If we are not significantly going to improve, we might as well keep him as insurance. Because if Hermanson struggles, etc, it is nice to have Shingo a guy used to pressure who can step in.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

SB

Standing on its own, Shingo for a prospect doesn't make sense for this year. But if it's the precursor to another deal that adds an effective swing man, or opens a spot for somebody they think is better, it'd make more sense.

Seems to me this move - if done - would foreshadow another move.

Cintron can play third? So can ozuna.

I watched Cintron play 3B a lot and he can play, I would say he's definitely a step up from Ozuna, a big step up.

But I think any speculation about Cintron is moot IMO, they'd want more for him than Shingo. My guess is we'd get a prospect and nothing more.

If we were going to add a reliever with closer experience, then I could live with Shingo being traded.

If it is just to have a spot for Jenks, then I think that could be a move that will haunt us later on in the season. I know many people annointed him the next coming after his first appearance, but imo there were major flaws and he could have some control problems.

I guess I just do not want to subtract, unless we are adding. And as some have pointed out, the only reason Shingo being traded makes sense, if it is part of a larger deal to acquire a bullpen replacement.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
If we were going to add a reliever with closer experience, then I could live with Shingo being traded.

If it is just to have a spot for Jenks, then I think that could be a move that will haunt us later on in the season. I know many people annointed him the next coming after his first appearance, but imo there were major flaws and he could have some control problems.

I guess I just do not want to subtract, unless we are adding. And as some have pointed out, the only reason Shingo being traded makes sense, if it is part of a larger deal to acquire a bullpen replacement.

SB

Seems to me its subtracting Shingo to add El Duque, is that an improvement to you?

How is it Duque replacing Shingo?

Shingo has 0 starts, and Duque has 0 relief appearances.

If Duque comes up and Shingo is traded, Jenks has taken his spot.

If Duque comes up and Jenks is sent down, then the status quo remains.

Jenks on the MLB roster over Shingo is not an improvement.

SB