BUMPED THREAD: Thome

sircaffey

"Philadelphia Phillies Updated:07/18/2005

Just in case the Phillies hold a fire sale before the trade deadline, the Red Sox have been scouting closer Billy Wagner, while Texas has started monitoring pitcher Vicente Padilla, according to the Bucks County (PA) Courier-Times. The newspaper said 1B Jim Thome would probably drop his no-trade clause only for a few teams, perhaps the Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, St. Louis Cardinals and Cleveland Indians."

Per Cbs.sportsline.com

Out of those 4 teams, only Cleveland would need a 1B...Stupid reporters suck.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)

Just in case the Phillies hold a fire sale before the trade deadline, the Red Sox have been scouting closer Billy Wagner, while Texas has started monitoring pitcher Vicente Padilla, according to the Bucks County (PA) Courier-Times. The newspaper said 1B Jim Thome would probably drop his no-trade clause only for a few teams, perhaps the Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, St. Louis Cardinals and Cleveland Indians."

Per Cbs.sportsline.com

We might need one after this year, or they could work out a deal to send Konerko to Philly as a part of the trade.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)

Per Cbs.sportsline.com

Amen. These hack reporters are just digging for stories any way they can. I can't tolerate this conjecture being reported as fact because that is how these epic rumors get started.

"Thome said he'd like to play for the White Sox"

...gimme a f'ing break. :angry:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
Amen.  These hack reporters are just digging for stories any way they can.  I can't tolerate this conjecture being reported as fact because that is how these epic rumors get started.

"Thome said he'd like to play for the White Sox"

...gimme a f'ing break. :angry:

Regardless to what was said...Thome would love to hit at the Cell...at least he has so far in his career. :bang

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Regardless to what was said...Thome would love to hit at the Cell...at least he has so far in his career. :bang

As opposed to the bandbox he currently hits in? Im sure it really doesnt matter to him right now.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
It's not actually that stupid.  Notice those are the four teams closest to where he grew up? It isn't based on need, he would just only go to the four places closest to Peoria.

There is evidence of some thought being put into the speculation, but it's speculation none the less.

• 4 months later...
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
Well, this turned out well for the Sox.

And again, what the hell is the point of bumping these old threads?

I'd kindly like to ask you to stop, unless you have a really, really relevent point besides "oh looky this is good for the Sox"...

Thanks.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
And again, what the hell is the point of bumping these old threads?

I'd kindly like to ask you to stop, unless you have a really, really relevent point besides "oh looky this is good for the Sox"...

Thanks.

Alright, it was only these 2 threads. Sorry if it caused you that much trouble. :rolly :P

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
Alright, it was only these 2 threads. Sorry if it caused you that much trouble.  :rolly :P

:D

Go check out my other response. It's all good - I was just trying to figure out what you were doing.

You apparently have too much time on your hands. :P

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 12, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
:D

Go check out my other response.  It's all good - I was just trying to figure out what you were doing.

You apparently have too much time on your hands.  :P

Way too much. 1/2 day of school and my 5 page paper on Macbeth is already done.