GAME THREAD 7-18-2005 vs. Detroit

WSoxMatt

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great, tonight's a WCIU game. GodDamnit.

Can someone who has DirectTV take a look between channels 734 and 746 and see if the Sox game is listed? I'd like to know if I can go home and at least watch the game (with the Tigers announcers) or if I should just stay in my office and use MLB radio on my computer.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
Magglio will own tonight.

You will just show how trashy and classless of fans you are (and most real baseball fans I've talked to already think very little of Sox fans) if you boo Magglio.

White Sox > your team

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Oh great, tonight's a WCIU game.  GodDamnit.

Can someone who has DirectTV take a look between channels 734 and 746 and see if the Sox game is listed?  I'd like to know if I can go home and at least watch the game (with the Tigers announcers) or if I should just stay in my office and use MLB radio on my computer.

The game is being broadcast on FSN Detroit so if you have that channel, you will get the game.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Magglio will own tonight.

You will just show how trashy and classless of fans you are (and most real baseball fans I've talked to already think very little of Sox fans) if you boo Magglio.

So let me just get this correct...you call us trashy and classless and immediately after it you decide to throw out a random insult.

"Hey, you remember the other day when you asked me what the definition of irony was and I said - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

-Family Guy

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
White Sox > your team

Gee, it must take a real genius to look up the standings and come up with that witty retort.

By the way, when was the last time the Sox won the World Series? Yeah, I'd shut up if I were you. The White Sox haven't won jack.

Edited by Wolverine31

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
Gee, it takes a real genius to look up the standings and come up with that witty remark. Talk to me when you can come up with some real comebacks.

By the way, when was the last time the Sox won the World Series? Yeah, I'd sjut up if I were you. The White Sox haven't won jack.

Your season's been over for a long time. :cheers

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
The game is being broadcast on FSN Detroit so if you have that channel, you will get the game.

That's not how it works when you're out of market. When you subscribe to Extra innings, they pick 1 of the 2 channels that a game will be broadcast on and open it up with that set of announcers.

Trouble is, in Chicago, there's this channel WCIU that broadcasts like 20% of the Sox games, and they have exclusive rights, and hence can't be broadcast by DirecTV. So if the DirecTV folks decide their 1 broadcast will be the Sox announcers, and the game is on WCIU, we get nothing.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Gee, it must take a real genius to look up the standings and come up with that witty retort.

By the way, when was the last time the Sox won the World Series? Yeah, I'd shut up if I were you. The White Sox haven't won jack.

Don't come on here throwing fire.

You'll be gone, quickly.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)

Maggs is the classless one, after his comments after leaving he deserves to be booed. If he left for more money without the bulls*** he pulled he wouldn't be booed but he's an ass, so be it.

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 05:47 PM)

:sleep You'd think by now other teams fans wouldn't come on here talking trash, I guess not.

can someone do play by play / updates? im stuck somewhere with no fast net connection, no macromedia flash, no java baised plug in, and windows 98

only hope for keeping up to date with the game is you kind folks... can someone strap it down for me?

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
can someone do play by play / updates? im stuck somewhere with no fast net connection, no macromedia flash, no java baised plug in, and windows 98

only hope for keeping up to date with the game is you kind folks... can someone strap it down for me?

Chat should give a good idea what is going on.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)

After one pitch, it's 1-0 bad guys. :o

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
Inge knocks the first pitch out, 1-0 Tigers.

Trammel's face when he saw the ball go over the fence was of total shock, to me it looked like Inge caught it off the end of the bat and it just kept carrying.