GAME THREAD 7-18-2005 vs. Detroit

WSoxMatt

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PutItOnTheBoard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
the guys on the detroit broadcast just implied that we may have been stealing signs....saying that they've never seen him get hit that hard so something must have been up

Sounds like something Uecker'd say during "Major League".

Ok, gotta question.

I thought I knew a lot about baseball, but for whatever reason, I drew a blank on this one. So, Crede is up, and Carl Everett comes out to the on-deck circle to pinch hit for Uribe. So what happens after Crede hits the homerun? Uribe comes back out to hit. Can you really do that?

I know, this must sound like a stupid question to most of you, but I just don't remember seeing that happen.

:huh

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Ok, gotta question.

I thought I knew a lot about baseball, but for whatever reason, I drew a blank on this one.  So, Crede is up, and Carl Everett comes out to the on-deck circle to pinch hit for Uribe.  So what happens after Crede hits the homerun?  Uribe comes back out to hit.  Can you really do that?

I know, this must sound like a stupid question to most of you, but I just don't remember seeing that happen.

Yes, once Gene would have announced Carl's name then it would have been official.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Ok, gotta question.

I thought I knew a lot about baseball, but for whatever reason, I drew a blank on this one.  So, Crede is up, and Carl Everett comes out to the on-deck circle to pinch hit for Uribe.  So what happens after Crede hits the homerun?  Uribe comes back out to hit.  Can you really do that?

Carl is not in the game at that moment. He is simply on deck. If the home run is not hit, Carl would have been announced as the pinch hitter and it would have been official.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
Carl is not in the game at that moment.  He is simply on deck.  If the home run is not hit, Carl would have been announced as the pinch hitter and it would have been official.

Does the manager send the change to the UMP before the PA? or does Carl just stroll into the batters box and wait for the PA?