Some Sour Grapes

Kyyle23

Casey Blake... who ended a 0-for-16 skid with a fourth-inning single, was asked if the White Sox (61-29) are the best team he's seen this season.

"No," he said. "They are a good team, but I don't think they are the best team. They are not better than we are.

hmmm, I wonder what he would have said if the Indians swept the series.

"The White Sox have to be the best team we have ever faced."

Edited by kyyle23

The Indians and Tigers provide a lot of laughable quotes. I for one have nothing but love for all the teams in the AL Central *cough 30-5 record cough*. I'm still waiting for that Indians, Tigers battling it out for the central thing to come to pass... :lol:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
I'm fine with him saying the White Sox aren't the best team they've faced this season.  Hell, in many respects, I agree with him.

But, to say the Indians are a better team?  Yikes.

Drinking that Lake Erie swamp water must have an effect on the locals.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
Where did he say this??

I'd love to read the full article.

Its in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. You can find the link at www.prosportsdaily.com, under the Cleveland Indians news and rumors.

why say this....they in no way have shown they are the better team. They've been owned by us Sox are 10-3 against them. They are conteding with the Rangers, A's, Twins, Orioles, and Yankees for a wild card......no reasoning in these statements :headshake

:chair

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
Beliard also complained that "Chicago played good, they pitched good, but sometimes they hit the ball on the end of the bat and it fell in."

Yeah, that's sort of the idea, Ronnie.

:sweep:

Hey Mini Manny...how many HR's did your team hit against us this weekend?

Zero...Shut the hell up. Amazing those balls fell in considering you play in short right field, says something about your amazing range.

Wow. There is no way to rationalize what Casey Blake said. It makes no sense. I would guess that he must have been...

a ) drunk

b ) drunk

c ) drunk

d ) drunk

e ) all of the above

it's one of those. what a dips***.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
Wow.  There is no way to rationalize what Casey Blake said.  It makes no sense.  I would guess that he must have been...

a ) drunk

b ) drunk

c ) stooopit

d ) drunk

e ) all of the above

it's one of those.  what a dips***.

Ok, now I think I can choose E

;)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Ok, now I think I can choose E

;)

casey Blake can have his opinion. I would hope if the sox got swept by division rival that they woudn't say that team was unbeatable. Actually last year I mentioned to my son that I liked Cleveland and the way they play. THey have a lot of young players that seem to just want to get a base hit and win games. I told him we need to have a team that had less power hitters and more situational hitters. I think Cleveland will beat out Minnesota this year and will be in it next year if their pitching improves.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
casey  Blake can have his opinion.  I would hope if the sox got swept by division rival that they woudn't say that team was unbeatable. Actually last year  I mentioned to my son that I liked Cleveland and the way they play.  THey have a lot of young players that seem to just want to get a base hit and win games. I told him we need to have a team that had less power hitters and more situational hitters.  I think Cleveland will beat out Minnesota this year and will be in it next year if their pitching improves.

They are not that young. Look em up.