Levine on Silvy and Carmen @ 11

AddisonStSox

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
David (Lincoln): Steve, if your in Kenny Williams' position what would you do? The key to the Sox success has been their depth and they have a few players coming back from injuries to help further the depth (Hernandez, Marte, Gload). I guess my view is really only to move unless you see something big because the chemistry on the team has been fantastic.

Steve Phillips: (12:28 PM ET ) Williams has done a tremendous job. I have so much appreciation for what he has done. He had a vision, put a plan in place, executed and now they are managing it as good as can be. The White Sox should consider either adding complimentary pieces .. middle relief depth, bat off the bench, etc. ... or a significant, All-Star caliber player .. possibly a closer, like Billy Wagner, if he becomes available. To add any other pieces might be risky. But I think they need to do something. Teams that don't make moves because of chemistry have logic for their plan, but players look around and see other teams getting better. If a team doesn't make a move, the teams feels like everyone is catching up. Even a small move makes you feel like you are moving forward. The only other spot that is a ? is 3B. Joe Randa might be a consideration.

Randa would be nice addition to this team with Crede's back problems. But not for a kings ransom.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
I think the first two for sure, then Crede if the deal involves Lowell, and I would guess Carl or Rowand

If a that's the rough sketch of any deal that is WAY to much and I would rather see the Sox wait and see if a few more teams fall out of it before July 31st and open up more names on the market

Contreras, Marte and Crede ... for Lowell and Burnett? :puke

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
David (Lincoln): Steve, if your in Kenny Williams' position what would you do? The key to the Sox success has been their depth and they have a few players coming back from injuries to help further the depth (Hernandez, Marte, Gload). I guess my view is really only to move unless you see something big because the chemistry on the team has been fantastic.

Steve Phillips: (12:28 PM ET ) Williams has done a tremendous job. I have so much appreciation for what he has done. He had a vision, put a plan in place, executed and now they are managing it as good as can be. The White Sox should consider either adding complimentary pieces .. middle relief depth, bat off the bench, etc. ... or a significant, All-Star caliber player .. possibly a closer, like Billy Wagner, if he becomes available. To add any other pieces might be risky. But I think they need to do something. Teams that don't make moves because of chemistry have logic for their plan, but players look around and see other teams getting better. If a team doesn't make a move, the teams feels like everyone is catching up. Even a small move makes you feel like you are moving forward. The only other spot that is a ? is 3B. Joe Randa might be a consideration.

Holy s***, I actually agree with Steve Phillips!!! I'm very scared.

I think there are quite a few here that agree with this sentiment, but PLEASE don't make a move to just make a move.

I know Ozzie is familiar with AJB, but I HATE the thought of giving up 3, perhaps 4, major leaguers for this guy. HE's NOT WORTH THAT.

/back to the speculating

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
Bruce says Orioles are close to getting Burnett, don'put too much into that because he has the same sources for the Orioles that we do: the internet.

And every MLB General Manager's phone number in his cell.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
McCarthy & Marte for Burnett & Lowel.  That's it.  If the Marlins want anything else, either they start throwing in players we want or no deal.

Why trade for Lowell and keep Crede?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Why trade for Lowell at all?

1.) Crede has a bad back that can hamper him long-term

2.) Crede has not played well in 1 1/2 seasons outside of a 2-3 weeks stretch earlier this season?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
1.) Crede has a bad back that can hamper him long-term

2.) Crede has not played well in 1 1/2 seasons outside of a 2-3 weeks stretch earlier this season?

Yes, his bad back is a concern. Crede has, however, outperformed Lowell this year.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
Yes, his bad back is a concern.  Crede has, however, outperformed Lowell this year.

But Lowell has been more successful than Crede in the span that Crede has been up in the MLB...

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
I disagree with that. I expect adkins to be one of the long relivers soon.

What makes you think that he would be brought up, when there are many other arms that have had more success in the minors??

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
But Lowell has been more successful than Crede in the span that Crede has been up in the MLB...

Are we living in the past or in the present? In the present, Crede is considerably outperforming Lowell.