Levine on Silvy and Carmen @ 11

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
But Lowell has been more successful than Crede in the span that Crede has been up in the MLB...

But Lowell sucks NOW. Crede is, and will be, the much better 3B of two from the present forward.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Ster-oids!!! Ster-oids!!!!

i'll be willing to bet my life that lowell took steroids. he must have, its called cancer, and you take certain types of steroids as treatment.....but his cancer is exactly the reason that someone like you accusing lowell of using anabolic steroids and/or THG is completely insane. just because a guy has a bad year this year doesnt mean he's on steroids. after everything lowell has been through, there is no way he is risking his life and the possibility of even more cancer by taking illegal roids. that was a stupid and insensitive comment

Honestly, acquiring Lowell/Burnett would be a trade, like Mike said, that would be for a desperate team. I've said for a while that I would have loooooved for KW to get Zack Day but it didn;t turn out that way. Unless we can get Burnett or Schmidt without overpaying or drastically changing the team and battering ther future, do it. Honestly, I'd rather have gotten/get Lilly, Day, or Kennedy than a big name pitcher.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
i'll be willing to bet my life that lowell took steroids. he must have, its called cancer, and you take certain types of steroids as treatment.....but his cancer is exactly the reason that someone like you accusing lowell of using anabolic steroids and/or THG is completely insane. just because a guy has a bad year this year doesnt mean he's on steroids. after everything lowell has been through, there is no way he is risking his life and the possibility of even more cancer by taking illegal roids. that was a stupid and insensitive comment

In opposition of your point: Ivan Rodriguez, Mike Lowell, Bret Boone, Sammy Sosa

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
In opposition of your point: Ivan Rodriguez, Mike Lowell, Bret Boone, Sammy Sosa

go ahead and accuse boone irod sosa all you want. i dont care. they didnt have CANCER before making it big in the majors like lowell, that not only threatened his career, but his life. accusing lowell of roids is ridiculous, and it has been a well documented statement that he hasnt touched performance enhancing drugs

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
you could say the same thing about Adkins....

Wow, what a terrible comparison, I didnt know that Adkins had as much Major league experience as Lowell and has had a major drop off in his power numbers compared to his career.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
go ahead and accuse boone irod sosa all you want. i dont care. they didnt have CANCER before making it big in the majors like lowell, that not only threatened his career, but his life. accusing lowell of roids is ridiculous, and it has been a well documented statement that he hasnt touched performance enhancing drugs

So it would be documented that he did take drugs? Cause I didnt know that the rest of the league was being so honest. And I also didnt know that cancer made his power numbers increase? Hmm, that should possibly be a study conducted by you for the next 3 years. So go ahead and do that, and come back when you have a chance.

Lowells numbers:

2000 .270 .818 22 91

2001 .283 .788 18 100

2002 .276 .817 24 92

2003 .276 .880 32 105

2004 .293 .870 27 85

2005 .227 .630 4 36

Glaring numbers. He was EXTREMELY consistent until this year.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)

To give someone a free pass just because they had cancer is ludicrous. I am not in any way saying I support the idea that Lowell was on steroids, but you can't just argue that he had cancer, so boo hoo poor him.

That's like saying, well, he killed that guy, but he had cancer so don't pick on him.

Anyway, his numbers have been bad, but he was never really THAT good anyway. I don't think Lowell took steroids, but am not defending him just because he had cancer. Though I do feel bad for him, and respect him for overcoming cancer, I don't give him a free pass for life.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
To give someone a free pass just because they had cancer is ludicrous.  I am not in any way saying I support the idea that Lowell was on steroids, but you can't just argue that he had cancer, so boo hoo poor him.

That's like saying, well, he killed that guy, but he had cancer so don't pick on him.

Anyway, his numbers have been bad, but he was never really THAT good anyway.  I don't think Lowell took steroids, but am not defending him just because he had cancer.  Though I do feel bad for him, and respect him for overcoming cancer, I don't give him a free pass for life.

BTW, Rosenthal just called Lowell "Sammy Sosa's twin" hahahaha

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
BTW, Rosenthal just called Lowell "Sammy Sosa's twin"  hahahaha

Actually he didn't. That would be irresponsible. He has to face these players. Witch-hunting them isn't going to get you anywhere. -- However, he did quote a nameless MLB executive. --

But if your into accusations, hey, you're posting at a record pace today, YOU MUST BE ON THE JUICE.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
To give someone a free pass just because they had cancer is ludicrous.  I am not in any way saying I support the idea that Lowell was on steroids, but you can't just argue that he had cancer, so boo hoo poor him.

Anyway, his numbers have been bad, but he was never really THAT good anyway.  I don't think Lowell took steroids, but am not defending him just because he had cancer.  Though I do feel bad for him, and respect him for overcoming cancer, I don't give him a free pass for life.

im not basing it on him having cancer. im basing it on the many reports and an OTL done on lowell and his cancer. much of the same strong denials of steroids that have made believers of fans when regarding big frank are the same types of things that have been said about lowell. but fine, if you wanna go ahead and think he was on the juice, by all means go ahead. i for one believe OTL and lowell, just as i believe frank............btw by no means is this any type of endorsement to trade for lowell, cuz quite frankly i dont want him

You guys. Good teams like this make moves for one reason: To make a move.

A small improvement can show a team that the front office is awake and knows not to disrespect the teams accomplishments by stealing someones spot, but at hte same time improving a spot.

Randa would be very welcomed because of Crede's bad back and the team would understand and welcome him with open arms.

Too much Lowell hate here, didnt take steroids. Like said earlier he's a cancer survivor. He wouldnt do it.

He's just having a bad year, or maybe its over for him, maybe his body just cant do it anymore, the clock can stop ticking any time. Guys, theres always people that are availible that we dont know about, I didnt see that Penny trade coming. DePodesta might want to move Odalis Perez.

If we get a SP, It'll be him. The Dodgers got raped by injuries which is unfortunate (theyre a good team, would've given the Padres a run). But if we can get Odalis that would be huge.

I dont see us getting Burnett or any of these other big names; I gauruntee Kenny knows exactly who to call, DePodesta. If he cant work something out there; Shingo is a player teams do want who are still in the race, just has no place on this team.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Actually he didn't. That would be irresponsible. He has to face these players. Witch-hunting them isn't going to get you anywhere. -- However, he did quote a nameless MLB executive. --

But if your into accusations, hey, you're posting at a record pace today, YOU MUST BE ON THE JUICE.

Hahaha, yeah, me and ADKINS!!!!!

:bang

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
im not basing it on him having cancer. im basing it on the many reports and an OTL done on lowell and his cancer. much of the same strong denials of steroids that have made believers of fans when regarding big frank are the same types of things that have been said about lowell. but fine, if you wanna go ahead and think he was on the juice, by all means go ahead. i for one believe OTL and lowell, just as i believe frank............btw by no means is this any type of endorsement to trade for lowell, cuz quite frankly i dont want him

Look at lowell's numbers posted above. And big Frank's accusations dont hold water because he was big BEFORE he was even in the MLB. He was a college football player, his strenth was consistent all through his career. While Lowell is experiencing a drop-off right now after consecutive seasons of power output.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)

No it's not. That is one bad comparison that you attempeted to make.

Edited by sayitaintso