Cubs Suck23

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big, big, big fan of this idea.

Shingo is about as unreliable a pitcher coming out of the bullpen as they come.

News flash: They've figured Shingo out!!!!!!!

He got by with a year of smoke-and-mirrors and now the guy can't get anything done. He stands a good chance of doing well in the NL for a year or so because they have not seen him. The AL, especially the AL Central (with whom we have many, many games against in the second half) have figured Shingo out in a major way.

Say what you will about the guy, but LaTroy knows how to pitch. If he can match up with Cooper and his own battery-mate in Pierzynski, who knows how well he can preform. Hell, he may even revert back to his former Twins self.

This much I promise you: his celing with the White Sox is much higher in a pennant race than Shingo.

If the move is there, I consider it.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
I'm a big, big, big fan of this idea.

Shingo is about as unreliable a pitcher coming out of the bullpen as they come. 

News flash: They've figured Shingo out!!!!!!!

He got by with a year of smoke-and-mirrors and now the guy can't get anything done.  He stands a good chance of doing well in the NL for a year or so because they have not seen him.  The AL, especially the AL Central (with whom we have many, many games against in the second half) have figured Shingo out in a major way.

Say what you will about the guy, but LaTroy knows how to pitch.  If he can match up with Cooper and his own battery-mate in Pierzynski, who knows how well he can preform.  Hell, he may even revert back to his former Twins self.

This much I promise you: his celing with the White Sox is much higher in a pennant race than Shingo.

If the move is there, I consider it.

If we got latroy in his twins form that would make us a lock to win after like the 6th inning if we have the lead 6th cotts, 7th hawkins, 8th politte, 9th hermy

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Hawkins never gives up runs when its a lead of 3 or more.

This is a team that relies on the One-Run win. Tell me how Hawkins does with a one-run lead, not a 3 run lead.

chattin tonite?

I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. Latroy is starting to round back into form of a a few years ago. After his first or second outing with the giants he's basically been unhittable. He needed to get away from the cubs and he'll be fine. Coming to the Sox would give him some motivation as well, I'd love a deal like this.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
No.

I'll do you one better.

Going to the game.  I scraped together some dough.

:gosox1:

You bastard. I was going, until I realized that I have only so much money to make the trip to Carbondale this upcoming weekend. Next monday night game I am there though

One thing I can't figure out though is why would the Giants want Shingo over Vizcaino? Is Viz that worthless these days?

I don't think any one's figured out Shingo to the degree some of you are suggesting. There's nothing to figure out. If he's throwing the frisbee for strikes it makes his fastball many times better. If he's not hitters just wait on his fastball. It's really not that much of a difference from what Boston & Foulke are going through. He's lost control of his changeup, can't throw it for strikes, so they just wait on his fastball.

These finesse type guys usually figure it out. It's not like Koch where once the velocity is down put a fork in them. The thing with both Shingo & Foulke though is what if it has little to do with them & everything to do with the umps? What if the umps just being stingy this year on the corners? That's death to pitchers like Shingo & Foulke who really need those corner pitches called for strikes to be effective.

I have wanted Hawkins even when pitching poorly with the Cubs. That north side bullpen is a mess and will always be a mess under Baker. I can't say Hawkins will be as good as he was with Minnesota, but I think he can turn into a valuable arm if we get him. I'm not really putting any fact into my words other than we all know Hawkins isn't a closer, but I have a good feeling that if he put some time in with Cooper and threw in the 7th inning, we'd have a steal.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
I have wanted Hawkins even when pitching poorly with the Cubs. That north side bullpen is a mess and will always be a mess under Baker. I can't say Hawkins will be as good as he was with Minnesota, but I think he can turn into a valuable arm if we get him. I'm not really putting any fact into my words other than we all know Hawkins isn't a closer, but I have a good feeling that if he put some time in with Cooper and threw in the 7th inning, we'd have a steal.

As long as he is last on the list for "emergency closer", I am happy. I agree that he would be a nice 7th inning stopper. A much better option than jizzcan.