shingo gone soon?

Princess Dye

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
thread title changed?  tyrant.  when i'm proved right, i'll demand 8 apologies.

If it's official, then it was correct. If it isn't officially a done deal yet, then it's misleading.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
score 670 reports that it is happening.  so i thought i would let you all know.

i suppose we've seen that sort of thing before, when it falls thru.  but i'm into taking huge posting risks, Dude.

Thanks for informing us! I can't belive anyone has not posted any rumors on shingo yet! Congrats on being the 1st to post this breaking news!

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
the key, however: will my thread be credited as the inaugural Shingo is gone thread?

this is what Matters.

So if I post a thread saying the White Sox have won the world series, would I get credit in October as the inaugural victory thread?

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
the key, however: will my thread be credited as the inaugural Shingo is gone thread?

this is what Matters.

Since this is what matters, Princess, I would like to inform you that there is an ongoing thread about this very thing in The Inside Beat subforum.

Edited by YASNY

Balta: work on detecting typed sarcasm better.

truth time: i dont care about having the inaugural thread.

what i will argue for though is the legitimacy of my post. the Score 670 reported that the trade is happening.

Balta, your reasoning does not exactly hold up. are you saying we cant post that a move is happening until the exact moment it's official? one, we have no exact way of knowing when that is.

two, we post on these things when they are reported. Shingo-to-Zona has been reported. if you want more accuracy, how bout you let me know when the i's are dotted, etc.

case in point: should one never post about any of these agreed-upon NBA contracts until July 22, when FA season officially begins?

Edited by Princess Dye

Lets make it simple Princess. Dont post a trade as being done until it is so. Until then, it is a RUMOR, and thus belongs in the White Sox RUMOR threads.

There was no sarcasm there, so dont worry about detecting it

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
so there is no importance to the fact that the Score says this trade is happening?

lets face it: if i wasnt here entertaining myself with a faux-smarmy attitude, you would have said, 'thanks for the info' .... and you would have been informed, instead of pure evil.

No one is being "evil" toward you. The thread title was misleading because the deal is not done yet. It's good to post reports about a possible deal, and this one may just happen. But, until Shingo's gone, then a thread title saying "shingo gone" is not accurate. I changed the title to eliminate confusion for all the other posters on Soxtalk, not to disrespect you.

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
so there is no importance to the fact that the Score says this trade is happening?

No, there is no importance at all. If we posted all of the links that said a trade is happening, there would be no end to it. If we reported every radio station that said a trade is happenign, there would be no end to it. Reporters and Columnists throw as much s*** on the wall as they can to see what sticks. You just have to wait until a trade is made to say that it is done.

Remember when Boston reported that the A-Rod deal was done and the only thing that was holding it up is the players association deciding if they could re-work A-Rods deal?