Gooch

Stocking

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Im sure Iguchi would be upset especially since he came to Chicago to play with Shingo.

How do you figure? I heard that the two didn't know each other, prior to him coming here. From what I've seen, the two seem to pal up with their interpreters.

Guess we don't know anything, unless we hear them say something about this issue themselves. I assume it would have some effect having another baseball player that is japanese on the team get traded. Just think if you were an american player in japan with one american teammate....and he was to be traded...how would you feel?

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Im sure Iguchi would be upset especially since he came to Chicago to play with Shingo.

I believe Iguchi came here far more because there was only 1 team in the big leagues really expressing interest in him at a reasonable price; us.

After the Mets's disaster with Kaz Matsui, people weren't really looking for Japanese infielders. KW did his homework and came up with a price that we were willing to pay for Iguchi...Tad at first said no, then he looked around, found no one willing to offer even close to what we were offering, then he came back to us a few weeks later and we worked it out.

First thing is that Shingo and Gooch didnt know each other before this season. They played in different leagues in Japan.

Gooch chose the sox because not because of the japanese player on this team, it was because they gave him the best offer. Not a lot of teams took a flier on him. If someone gave him the money he originally wanted, Gooch would of been on that team.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Plus Iguchi is already starting to struggle.  I spent about 3 months in Hungary and it helped to have my Cousin there with me because i had no idea how to speaky Hungarian.

Plenty of japanese people in chicago plus I think they can find someone to translate. It didnt hurt Shingo last year when he was the only japanese player on the team.

QUOTE(Stocking @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
If Shingo is to be moved, what effect do you think this will have of the Gooch?  Im sure Shingo made life much easier on Tadahito and will be missed.  :crying

I wonder what effect it'll have on our efforts to recruit Japanese players in the future.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Gooch is starting to struggle?  WTF...

People keep saying that he's struggling because every time he racks up another productive out and moves Pods over, his average goes down.

Btw, did you guys see that shot he hit yesterday? WOW. He absolutely tattooed that ball.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
People keep saying that he's struggling because every time he racks up another productive out and moves Pods over, his average goes down.

Btw, did you guys see that shot he hit yesterday?  WOW.  He absolutely tattooed that ball.

The one that Sizemore caught in RCF, or the HR? He hit the ball HARD both times.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
The one that Sizemore caught in RCF, or the HR?  He hit the ball HARD both times.

The HR...it was just a monster. I know he hit the other one hard, but Lordy...the ball he hit out of there was waaay out of there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
The HR...it was just a monster.  I know he hit the other one hard, but Lordy...the ball he hit out of there was waaay out of there.

it went like halfway back and tose seats are extremely high up.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Umm when Iguchi first got here he said he never really knew Shingo in Japan and actually doesnt talk to him all that much.

Douche bag.

He was a teammate to me and he was like my older brother," Iguchi said through an interpreter. And whenever I had a problem, something I didn't know or didn't understand about being new here, Takatsu was always there to help me out. He was my friend."