Since May 6th, the White Sox are 38-22

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
The Blue Jays???

Unfortunately for them, that other American League team started out slowly, and has a s***ty rotation that won't do well in the playoffs.

But Al Leiter is so good!

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
It's not that Leiter and co. scare the hell out of me. It's that lineup that I'm a little intimidated by.

I'm intimidated by it too...but on the other hand, Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Freddie Garcia, and a Cuban in a row is pretty damn intimidating on its own.

Seriously, think about Cleveland last week...They got beat in the first 2 games by Contreras and Garcia, and they were sitting there looking at trying to salvage a split of the series at home, and standing in their way were Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland, the guys who may very well end up 1-2 in the AL Cy Young voting if Rogers's suspension isn't shortened and Halladay takes any time at all coming back.

Now THAT is scary.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
I'm intimidated by it too...but on the other hand, Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, Freddie Garcia, and a Cuban in a row is pretty damn intimidating on its own.

Seriously, think about Cleveland last week...They got beat in the first 2 games by Buehrle and Garcia, and they were sitting there looking at trying to salvage a split of the series at home, and standing in their way were Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland, the guys who may very well end up 1-2 in the AL Cy Young voting if Rogers's suspension isn't shortened and Halladay takes any time at all coming back.

Now THAT is scary.

wow, Buehrle is really getting it done!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
just clearing the air. Just because I think that stat is more important. We are also undefeated since the Allstar break  ;)

Yeah, I know. We are playing fantastic. It's pretty amazing that I'm looking for things to start getting worried about, like the Yanks being almost .650 since the beginning of May and Oakland being in the WC hunt.

The Yankees suck.

Playoffs and Defense usually win in the playoffs, not a lineup of sluggers.

The Yankees cant pitch, and sure as hell cant play s*** for defense. They have one player I like, and I love him, Robinson Cano.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
wow, Buehrle is really getting it done!

Hmph, now that's very odd...I actually fixed the Buehrle/Contreras error before I added in the "Now THAT is scary", but it seems you saw only the 2nd fix and not the first.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
The Yankees suck.

Playoffs and Defense usually win in the playoffs, not a lineup of sluggers.

The Yankees cant pitch, and sure as hell cant play s*** for defense.  They have one player I like, and I love him, Robinson Cano.

They will go out and get people like Burnett and Schmidt, you know.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
They will go out and get people like Burnett and Schmidt, you know.

No they won't. Why? Because they don't have anything to give up to get those guys that won't murder them this year.

They won't give up Cano, because they'd have no one else to play 2b with how bad Womack has been.

They won't give up Wang, because he's the only starter they have who's been consistent at all for them.

That guy they're trying in center field clearly isn't Major-league ready, and the fact that he's looked so bad is probably going to drop his trade value.

They won't be able to outbid anyone for either of those 2 names. All they can do is try to buy them, and in almost every case, a quality prospect is worth more than cash.