Since May 6th, the White Sox are 38-22

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
When has a depleted farm system ever prevented the Yankees from getting anyone they wanted midseason?

who have they really gotten the last few mid seasons? They only make splashes during free agency. For the record they used to have a very good farm system.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
I hope you guys are right, because I think they are one good starter away from being scary with that lineup and that bullpen.

1...?? :ph34r:

Anyone else think this is kinda a weird thread..? :huh

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
I hope you guys are right, because I think they are one good starter away from being scary with that lineup and that bullpen.

As far as I'm concerned, their bullpen is still 1 guy. Yeah, they have Sturtz and Gordon, but both of them wore down at the end of last year.

Their starting pitching is certainly not scary either aside from basically Johnson. Mussina's getting older and older, Brown hasn't been good at all, we may never hear from Jaret Wright again, and Pavano has merely been what he was his whole career before last year; tolerable.

Keep this in mind, aside right now from Al Leiter, they have 4 guys on that team with ERA's under 4: Rivera, Gordon, Sturtz, and Wang. Wang and Sturtz are also barely under 4.00.

If I could have 1 player on that team, It's Cano.

He's really good.

The Yankees cant add anybody; theyve traded away everything. They started the season with no depth, they got lucky and found Wang. They traded away all thier depth and young talent. This is why they suck. They have to f***ing bring in Al Lieter becaue thier depth is so horrible. In the NFL this kind of thing would kill a team, absolutely, but because they have guys like A-Rod, Sheff and Jeter, theyll simply outslug teams.

That can only work for so long, when they bats go cold theyre overpaid bums (Wright, Pavano) and overaged hasbeens (Johnson and Brown) wont be able to hold the ship down. They have Mariano Rivera; but what good is he if you cant get the lead?

Steff, what exactly is weird about this thread? I'm just pointing out that while we are cruising along at a good clip, another team has compiled the identical record we have over the past two plus months and they are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

I think it's easy to dismiss the Yankees because of their streakiness this year. However, when you look at that 38-22 in the last 60, look at their payroll, their roster and their history of going out and getting guys, it's certainly much more scary than just looking at the surface record of just a few games over .500....

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Steff, what exactly is weird about this thread? I'm just pointing out that while we are cruising along at a good clip, another team has compiled the identical record we have over the past two plus months and they are gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

I think it's easy to dismiss the Yankees because of their streakiness this year. However, when you look at that 38-22 in the last 60, look at their payroll, their roster and their history of going out and getting guys, it's certainly much more scary than just looking at the surface record of just a few games over .500....

Take a look at our record against the Yanks over the past few years.. I don't fear them in the least.

And it's weird because I think it is. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)

What guys?????

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
For starters, in 2004, they added a guy who won 20 games in 2003. How bout that.

Dave Justice in 2000. Do you really want me to run down a laundry list?

Please.. don't. Since this is the Pale Hose Forum. Maybe you could list the Yanks transaction on the Sports Bar board.. or maybe a Yankee board. :huh

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
For starters, in 2004, they added a guy who won 20 games in 2003. How bout that.

Dave Justice in 2000. Do you really want me to run down a laundry list?

LOL, the great Esteban Loaiza are they going to pick up someone that fantastic again this year cause if they do we're definitely done, I agree. Loaiza was unreal for the yanks last year.

I'm not worried about the Yankees this year. I am worried about another West Coast El Foldo. The Sox are 30-5 in their division (Wow!), 9-4 against the AL East and 12-6 in interleague play. Unfortunately they are only 10-14 against the AL West and have shown a tendency of folding up like an accordion when playing those teams, especially on the road. I'm most concerned about the Angels and the streaking A's. We just don't seem to do so hot against those teams.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
I'm not worried about the Yankees this year. I am worried about another West Coast El Foldo. The Sox are 30-5 in their division (Wow!), 9-4 against the AL East and 12-6 in interleague play. Unfortunately they are only 10-14 against the AL West and have shown a tendency of folding up like an accordion when playing those teams, especially on the road. I'm most concerned about the Angels and the streaking A's. We just don't seem to do so hot against those teams.

10-14 against the west which is primarily the 2-7 against Oakland. They are 8-7 against the rest of the west.