Shingo Takatsu

DukeNukeEm

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Does the designation of assignment mean he can't use his no-trade clause??

Not sure about that at all.

It wouldn't make sense for him to use the no-trade, even if he could.

Unless he really didn't want to play for the team that wants to obtain him.

If no one wants to trade for him, what are the options?

Does he have to either go to Charlotte or become a free agent?

I, for one, will miss Shingo. As I said before in another thread, he was my highlight of the 2004 season and I appreciate the fun times he provided last year.

Best of luck to Shingo and I hope some other team can experience SHINGO TIME!!!

GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Not sure about that at all.

It wouldn't make sense for him to use the no-trade, even if he could.

Unless he really didn't want to play for the team that wants to obtain him.

If no one wants to trade for him, what are the options?

Does he have to either go to Charlotte or become a free agent?

I, for one, will miss Shingo. As I said before in another thread, he was my highlight of the 2004 season and I appreciate the fun times he provided last year.

Best of luck to Shingo and I hope some other team can experience SHINGO TIME!!!

GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers

I think I read where his no-trade clause was fiction.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
I think Shingo pitched his last pitch in Cleveland as a member of the White Sox organization.  It's a shame he didn't get the proper exit out of town, but, nothing's perfect.

Best of luck in the future and I hope he nets something of value in return.

I want to give KW big props for making a difficult move. Shingo is a nice guy, but we are trying to do something real special this year. Last year we hung on to Mike Jackson because of him getting some record. He was a nice guy also.

On the plus side, who thinks that this will scare a certain Vizcaino into pitching a bit better. Your job is not safe. Pitch well or be left behind.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
Does the designation of assignment mean he can't use his no-trade clause??

Where is this dude's no trade clause? He didn't have one as far as i am concerned. I would have found it by now... mlb4u has every player's not trade clause int he league and not his.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
How do Vizcaino and Jenks stay yet Shingo is let go.  This does not make sense to me I really do not see how we are a better right now.

Viz has been solid for us. He has ate innings and with the exception of that Indians game early in the year, his ERA would be in the mid 3's. Jenks I worry about with his control, which is why I would rather have Baj here, but no doubt that Viz should stay.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
I want to give KW big props for making a difficult move.  Shingo is a nice guy, but we are trying to do something real special this year.  Last year we hung on to Mike Jackson because of him getting some record.  He was a nice guy also. 

On the plus side, who thinks that this will scare a certain Vizcaino into pitching a bit better.  Your job is not safe.  Pitch well or be left behind.

You might want to check up on things, but Vizcaino has been pitching better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=6291

April 7.43 era .309 baa

May 5.23 era .293 baa

June 2.25 era .283 baa

July 1.17 era .250 baa

Season 4.36 era .283 baa

He hasn't been great, basically average or a little better, but he definately doesn't need to be cut with the numbers he has been putting up over the last few months.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
How do Vizcaino and Jenks stay yet Shingo is let go.  This does not make sense to me I really do not see how we are a better right now.

Viz's ERA the last two months are 2.25 and 1.17. That's how Viz is staying. Jenks is either being shopped or his time is almost up until we get another RP in.

Shingo, while good last year and decent at times this year, unfortunately got caught up in roster shuffles. We have a damn good closer (Hermanson, who won the job fair and square), two good set up men (Politte and Cotts), Marte is back, and Viz is pitching better.

Love ya, Shingo, go get 'em in the NL!!!

GOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!

EDIT: Dammit ss2k...beat me to it.

Edited by TheDybber

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)

Shingo's era is nearly six and while meatball has still been letting on 500 runners an inning he has not been letting them score. Jenks has pitched two innings and his upside is 10x better than shingo's.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Viz's ERA without the early Indians game is 3.29, not bad.  Not to mention he and Cotts are the only of our relievers that can go 2+ innings.

good point. i think people are way too hard on viz. he hasnt been great but he hasnt been as bad as everyone is saying.

Shingo in june posted a .96 era.

The reason he is gone is because Ozzie just lost confidence in him. Under the right circumstances he can be as effective, or more effective than last year.

His k/9 has actually improved, which suggests that his stuff is still there.

His main problem has been control, reflected by his BB and HR. If he falls behind he either walks the guy, or is forced to give them a fastball which they are waiting on, thus the huge increase in BB and HR.

Had Shingo been given a better opportunity to fine tune his control, he may have well reverted back to last years number.

Nothing you can say or do to change what has happened, just have to hope that Jenks and Vizcaino can be sound. Also we are now 1 injury (Hermanson) away from our bullpen being in complete disarray, so Ozzie better use him sparingly.

And when looking closer at Shingo he was not that bad this year:

April, 6 er, 3 came in 1 game.

May, 5 er, 4 came in 1 game.

June, 1 er.

July, 7 er, 5 came in 2 games.

So out of 20 or appearances, 4 were bad.

Thats pretty damn good for the last guy in your bullpen.

::shrugs::

SB

Edited by Soxbadger