Shingo Takatsu

DukeNukeEm

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shingo's greatest attribute was his performance in MVP Baseball. I threw him for three innings once, tossing nothing but changeups. My friend made contact once.

Anyhoo, I'm onboard with everyone else here wishing Mr. Zero all the best in the future. He was a solid pitcher for us and I'm sure he can help somebody in the National League. Especially when you consider most teams have never seen the frisbee. :ph34r:

To me, the most meaningful stat for relievers (except closers) is inherited runners/scored. This tells me whether he came in and shut the door. A reliever's ERA is often greatly affected by who pitches after him. So, a guy can come in with two runners on, give up a couple hits and screw up the previous pitcher's ERA. If he doesn't give up any more runs, his ERA looks great, but he didn't get the job done. Seems like Vizcaino has allowed a significant number of inherited runners to score while improving his ERA, but I don't have the stats to back this up.

I wish they would have kept Shingo with the big club and sent down Jenks.

:bringit

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Best of luck to Shingo wherever he ends up.  He provided some awesome times last year, just not working this year.

SHINGO TIME

^That.^

It was almost impossible to hate Shingo even with all that he hasn't done for us this year. I wish him best of luck, and I appreciate everything he did do in a ChiSox uni.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
^That.^

It was almost impossible to hate Shingo even with all that he hasn't done for us this year.  I wish him best of luck, and I appreciate everything he did do in a ChiSox uni.

:gosox3:

:cheers

I second that. Best regards, Shingo.

Shingo was one of the few brights spots last year after Frank and Magglio went down with injuries. His success in replacing Koch gave us all something to celebrate and enjoy. I hope he hooks on with someone and has a decent 2nd half.

I knew he wasn't the same after game 3 of the season.

Why did it take this long to get him out of here?

He was clearly a one year wonder.

All of those Mr. Zero T-Shirts will be on clearance soon at the Cell and at Grandstand.

He GONG!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
I'm confused, don't the Sox still have a roster spot available? I thought Walker was sent down to make room for the duke, no?

Walker was sent down to make room for Marte.

Unfortunately for Shingo, he had trouble this year getting the curve ball over for strikes. When that happened, opposing teams would just sit on that "fast"ball of his. So he got knocked around.

While I'm not entirely sold on Vizcaino, he's proven more than Jenks has.

I hope Shingo finds success at his next stop. I wonder who (if anyone) we'll get back in return.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
I'm confused, don't the Sox still have a roster spot available? I thought Walker was sent down to make room for the duke, no?

Nope. Walker was sent down to make room for Marte.

The sad thing about Shingo was that he didn't get figured out completely IMHO. The problem with him is that this year, he wouldn't throw his frisbee down the plate, just in the dirt and he threw his "fastball" down the middle of the plate and everybody is able to hit it. He should be throwing the fastball at the corners and the frisbee in the middle of the plate. If a hitter knows the frisbee isn't going to be near the plate, no need to worry about it. Just sit on his HR tee ball and bam its gone.

Best of luck to Shingo though. I loved the guy and think he was a class act.

I want to give KW big props for making a difficult move.  Shingo is a nice guy, but we are trying to do something real special this year.  Last year we hung on to Mike Jackson because of him getting some record.  He was a nice guy also. 

On the plus side, who thinks that this will scare a certain Vizcaino into pitching a bit better.  Your job is not safe.  Pitch well or be left behind.

Give props for what sticking with a guy 2 months longer than he should? What gave KW the first clue.. That in the past weekend series against cleveland that Shingo gave up more runs in 2/3 of an inning that the rest of our pitchers combined in the four game series? This move should have been made at the End of May begining of June as soon as Shingo had some trade Value. His gimick is up, Time to move on.. Throw him to the NL for a 1/2 year and pretty much he is done on MLB.

Let's see, some teams in dire need of bullpen help, Yankees, Red Sox....

I'd hate to see the frisbee come back to haunt us although I get the feeling there is an impending trade for a reliever, Eddie G. Seattle is a big Japanese hotbed and they have Ichiro.

Shingo did well for us and I think this would be a good move for him.

Wheather Iguchi and he are friends or not, they had a-lot in common and had to be friends. Somehow this had a big impact on Timo sticking around. This makes no sense.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
Give props for what sticking with a guy 2 months longer than he should? What gave KW the first clue.. That in the past weekend series against cleveland that Shingo gave up more runs in 2/3 of an inning that the rest of our pitchers combined in the four game series? This move should have been made at the End of May begining of June as soon as Shingo had some trade Value. His gimick is up, Time to move on.. Throw him to the NL for a 1/2 year and pretty much he is done on MLB.

Blah Blah Blah I hate KW Blah Blah Blah

My question is what does this do for us? We only have 5 relievers now IIRC and none who really could do mop up duty. Neal Cotts hasn't been a long reliever as many of us envisioned he would be(not because he's doing bad, but because he's doing good), Viz I guess could pitch 3 innings, but boy, we are sure going to tire out this bullpen without having mopup duty guys.

I wish shingo nothing but the best. He was awesome last season and damn fun to watch. I still believe he can be effective because I don't think he's been figured out by anyone, as long as he's throwing strikes and getting ahead of hitters he'll be effective some where. Good luck Shingo.