Willie Harris

knightni

Heard them talking about this on Silvercub and Carmen.

They were joking that he wrote that on his cap when Ozzie told him he was going into the game.

Maybe he should write "get the bunt down" or "move the runner over" or "I need directions to Charlotte" on his cap.

Lets just say we make the playoffs, no matter what happens to Willie during the regular season, I think he's a must to have in the playoffs for his ability to pinch-run. It's important to have a guy like that on the bench while Timo would serve no purpose as a fifth outfielder.

Willie could get sent down in the regular season over Timo, but he has to be on the playoff roster.

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
Lets just say we make the playoffs, no matter what happens to Willie during the regular season, I think he's a must to have in the playoffs for his ability to pinch-run. It's important to have a guy like that on the bench while Timo would serve no purpose as a fifth outfielder.

Willie could get sent down in the regular season over Timo, but he has to be on the playoff roster.

If the playoffs started tomorrow, I would agree with you. But, if something happens between now and then we may have to bring someone else in or up. But, if this is the way the team is in Oct...you are absolutely right.

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Phftt... The Sox have plenty of speed. Pods, Gooch, Crash

You're right about Pds.

I have no idea who Crash is... Ozuna? Yes, Ozuna is fast, too.

But Gooch isn't fast. Don't make that mistake.

I'd say we're fine with Ozuna off the bench to use as a pinch runner in a playoff situation. Having Harris would be a luxury.

I definitely think keeping Willie and ditching Timo is the way to go. Willie is running the bases better than ever now, I think he'll be very valuable down the stretch as a pinch runner late in close games, and because if needed he can play CF, 2B, or SS.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
Or it could be that motocross accident too... :rolly:

I'll keep thinking of it my way, thank you very much.

He got injured crashing into a wall earlier in his career, and it was a constant concern, so that's what I associated it with. But, as you like it.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
I'll keep thinking of it my way, thank you very much.

He got injured crashing into a wall earlier in his career, and it was a constant concern, so that's what I associated it with.  But, as you like it.

sox presented 'crash' rowand with a custom jersey with the name 'CRASH' on the back after he came back from the bike incident

QUOTE(toasty @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
sox presented 'crash' rowand with a custom jersey with the name 'CRASH' on the back after he came back from the bike incident

That's nice and all, but he had the nickname before the accident. The accident just gave it new significance.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
You're right about Pds.

I have no idea who Crash is... Ozuna?  Yes, Ozuna is fast, too.

But Gooch isn't fast.  Don't make that mistake.

I'd say we're fine with Ozuna off the bench to use as a pinch runner in a playoff situation. Having Harris would be a luxury.

dude. crash rowand