ESPN Insider

palesox38

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
Posting that whole article is wrong, people are supposed to pay for that info and its an infringement to post that material for users to see that do not pay for it!!!

I said that before and i got b****ed at for about two pages how i am a snitch and it doesn't matter. :rolly

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
If he pays and decides to share, that's on him....his choice, his dough.

That is not the point. It is illegal. I don't really care if the admins and mods don't care... but when i mentioned it before some poster went ''rawwwwwwwwr''.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
That is not the point. It is illegal. I don't really care if the admins and mods don't care... but when i mentioned it before some poster went ''rawwwwwwwwr''.

When was this Qwerty?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
It had to be in the past year because I have been here for 2 and you 1.... :huh

You didn't post for for like two months straight... and if you did it was not on the same scale as you do now...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)

Actually you only took s*** from two posters, Jabroni and Rangercal. God I forgot how big of a prick Rangercal used to be.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30918

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Im not looking for an uproar by any means, I just wanted to let you know that doing that was infact illegal and just dont want anyone to get in trouble here.  THATS ALL!!!  THAT SAID  GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!  O-E-O... U SUCK MAGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No prob. Now I know. :cheers

I don't mean to insult people who are against posting articles, but I'd like to say I'm not going to shed a tear over a multi-billion dollar giant like ESPN (and further down the line, Disney) losing a couple bucks over the posting. Especially since Jayson Stark's articles, Peter Gammons's articles, Rob Neyer's articles and Rumor Central all used to be free of charge. It is their right, of course, to charge for what they want, but it has left an increasingly bad taste in my mouth that they continue to take away more and more free content. It also is the right of the person who paid for the membership to do with it what he or she wishes, in my opinion.

It also is the right of the person who paid for the membership to do with it what he or she wishes, in my opinion.

The problem is that most companies like ESPN don't feel the same way and can seek legal action against Soxtalk. I can understand both sides, as I'm a paying Insider member and I also like receiving inside info for free. Thats why when I post Insider typer stuff, I sum it up in my own words.

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
I don't mean to insult people who are against posting articles, but I'd like to say I'm not going to shed a tear over a multi-billion dollar giant like ESPN (and further down the line, Disney) losing a couple bucks over the posting. Especially since Jayson Stark's articles, Peter Gammons's articles, Rob Neyer's articles and Rumor Central all used to be free of charge. It is their right, of course, to charge for what they want, but it has left an increasingly bad taste in my mouth that they continue to take away more and more free content. It also is the right of the person who paid for the membership to do with it what he or she wishes, in my opinion.

As the person who posted the article, I still have to side with those in objection. While I'm the one who paid for the service and I normally will do what I want to with it, posting it on this site brings potential problems to SoxTalk, legally that is. Had I thought of this beforehand, I would not have posted it. While there are a great many things you can do on this site, one thing that shouldn't be allowed is anything (content or material) that is detrimental to the site.

With that being said, I still choose to put my ESPN account at risk by offering Insider content to any of those who request it. If anybody wants any Insider related material, feel free to email me and I'll email it back to ya. Let me deal with ESPN's lawyers.

:lol:

For the above mentioned reasons I edited the post out. ESPN can come after Soxtalk for that stuff, as they hold us responsible for our content, so I took it off. If someone wants to summarize that is cool, or if you guys want to contact each other to talk about it, that is up to you.

Thanks guys.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
For the above mentioned reasons I edited the post out.  ESPN can come after Soxtalk for that stuff, as they hold us responsible for our content, so I took it off.  If someone wants to summarize that is cool, or if you guys want to contact each other to talk about it, that is up to you.

Thanks guys.

yeah i was the one who posted it originally in another thread, and in retrospect everything you said is right. i could give a f*** if 500000 people read it for free, just posting it on here jeopardizes soxtalk legally, so i wont do it anymore either. if you wanna email or Pm me, ill give it to you guys that way too