Rowand sent down to AAA

Guest wsc425

1. I really don't believe Rowand is "done" as a major leaguer. I do believe the after effects of that injury is the reason he can't cut it right now. I'll predict right now that Rowand will be on a major league roster come opening day next year.

2. How do we know Willie Harris is not the answer. Did he look bad last season and in spring training this year? Yes, and we all agree on that. But, the kid has some tools and maybe not making the team this spring was a wake up call for him. Or, maybe he just now is becoming "ready".

I have been thinking this move should be made. They gave Rowand more than enough time to get himself straightened out. We can't affrd to give him any more time on the big club. He'll have to get it turned around in Charlotte. I think he'll get that accomplished, too.

I liked baseball tonight today. Bobby Valentine was talking about Joe McEwing of the Mets and Timo Perez and how they bring the team that "youthful energy". In 2000 players like Carlos and even Valentin, although he's older, gave this team some life. I think bringing up the hot hand in Harris who is very speedy can not hurt this lackadaisical team. Perhaps Aaron will have time to break down his swing a bit better in AAA as well. I expect both these players to contribute to the Sox this season at the Major League Level.

1.  I really don't believe Rowand is "done" as a major leaguer. I do believe the after effects of that injury is the reason he can't cut it right now. I'll predict right now that Rowand will be on a major league roster come opening day next year.

2.  How do we know Willie Harris is not the answer. Did he look bad last season and in spring training this year?  Yes, and we all agree on that. But, the kid has some tools and maybe not making the team this spring was a wake up call for him. Or, maybe he just now is becoming "ready". 

I have been thinking this move should be made. They gave Rowand more than enough time to get himself straightened out. We can't affrd to give him any more time on the big club.  He'll have to get it turned around in Charlotte.  I think he'll get that accomplished, too.

Well said.

I agree that Rowand was given plenty of time. I like his competiveness and I think he still can do it at the big league level. The question is that off season injury. Is he recovered? AAA will give him time to get back on track. I was never sure anyway if Rowand was an everyday player. He looked better as a defenisve player and spot starter.

Willie harris came with a lot of fan fare. He has shown some flashes of being a real good player. I think he is young and inexpereinced and maybe that trip to Charlotte fired him up. We'll see now I guess. I also think he gives the Sox some versatility since he can play the OF and 2B. Versatility wins games late.

It will be a good weekend series against the Mariners.

Reading the paper today, Maggs said that Aaron hasn't been 100%, as many of us have guessed by his preformances.

What I am curious of is who will play CF at Charlotte now. Do they keep Borchard in CF even though Aaron is a better defensive CF than Joe, because they want Joe to play CF in the majors, or do they put Aaron in CF and possibly slow down the Borchard to Chicago train?

I hope Aaron gets over his disappointment, works his butt off, hustles, and does well right away. Otherwise, he might represent a repeat of the Jeff Abbott saga. Both of those guys are too good not to have decent major league careers. Still not too late for Rowand.

I hope Aaron gets over his disappointment, works his butt off, hustles,

He probably did that better than anyone on the Sox. He was hitting poorly, but he never failed to do his best.

I'm disappointed that things didn't work out for him here but I'll definately be pulling for him wherever he goes.