it's official - sellout tonight

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
I'm confused about the sales on ticketmaster.  Yesterday I tried 19 seats together, and it gave me section 155, row 25.  Then early this morning, I checked, and it gave me the exact same seats.  And just now I tried and exact same seats!

Does this mean no one has bought tickets online in 24 hrs?  :huh

Hopefully we'll get 24K tonight.

That's like the last row. Maybe nobody wants those. :huh

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
Okay quick question. I've seen numbers all over the place(different numbers) saying that was a sellout at the Cell. Can anyone give me an exact number of what a sellout really is? In other words, what's the maximum capacity?

The Sox website says: U.S. Cellular Field Capacity – 40,615

I thought it was around 38,000 since they cut the upper deck off, but...

From what I understand, a sellout means that no more seats can be purchased, but does not include skyboxes that go empty. It might not even include Scout Seats, which I don't believe can be bought for individual games.

Why sellouts have attendence of 38,000 and not capacity is that its counted in paid attendence. So free tickets (which the Sox give out, believe it or not) are not counted towards that total. Because there's a different number of free tickets given out each game, the number of a sellout changes.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)

They were at 39,600 I believe for the Cub games, so I would say just under 40,000 seats is about right.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)

Thanks. I wonder if we'll ever have that place packed to maximum capacity then. I mean, the playoffs for sure, but in the regular season when was the last time it was that completely filled when we weren't facing the Cubs or Yanks?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Thanks. I wonder if we'll ever have that place packed to maximum capacity then. I mean, the playoffs for sure, but in the regular season when was the last time it was that completely filled when we weren't facing the Cubs or Yanks?

OD?

Sellouts and capacity are two different numbers and as has been noted announced crowd is still another number.

A sellout is an arbitrary number and they can declare it at any point they like but in general for the Sox it's usually about 37,500 that they call a sellout which is about 98% capacity which is fair. You could've still gotten tickets last night if you walked up but it's better PR to call it a sellout when you can.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Sellouts and capacity are two different numbers and as has been noted announced crowd is still another number.

A sellout is an arbitrary number and they can declare it at any point they like but in general for the Sox it's usually about 37,500 that they call a sellout which is about 98% capacity which is fair. You could've still gotten tickets last night if you walked up but it's better PR to call it a sellout when you can.

When I picked up a ticket for someone at Will Call it looked like SRO last night.