R.Palmiero 498

Soxfest

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey does it matter what answer key.. we still got it all right.............lol huh cw....... ;) .......btw tointe i just have to do this.......no offense please ........

hey koch this :fyou ...........after tonite he should be sittin on that middle finger and spinning around like a top........ :headbang

hey does it matter what answer key.. we still got it all right.............lol huh cw....... ;) .......btw tointe i just have to do this.......no offense please ........

hey koch this :fyou ...........after tonite he should be sittin on that middle finger and spinning around like a top........ :headbang

Whatever, if you say this team is better without Sosa than with him, i think you are sorely mistaken, and you are being a pretty biased Sox fan. If he was playing for Boston would you be saying this stuff? I mean to turn down having those numbers in your lineup is absolutely ridiculous.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Whatever, if you say this team is better without Sosa than with him, i think you are sorely mistaken, and you are being a pretty biased Sox fan. If he was playing for Boston would you be saying this stuff? I mean to turn down having those numbers in your lineup is absolutely ridiculous.

but maggs is better all around than soso is.... and no i dont care if he played for whoever... i dont want him here on the southside.... theres not enough room for his ego and a few others in the clubhouse and he would be a very big distraction........we dont need any more of those........besides his big juiced head wouldnt fit in the park...............and he always k's against us so yeah i would rather have him on the flubbies than with us.........

1. if you say this team is better without Sosa than with him, i think you are sorely mistaken,

2.and you are being a pretty biased Sox fan.

3. If he was playing for Boston would you be saying this stuff?

4. I mean to turn down having those numbers in your lineup is absolutely ridiculous.

1. a difference of opinion, and that makes conversations interetsing

2. that is unfair - we are as biased as you, and we are looking at it objectively as you do in your own self. The circus act that is sam-me is very destructive to team. We don't want that one-man attitude on any of our players. That is an objective judgment we make as Sox fans. We are not wrongly biased because we disagree with her. Back to #1 - difference of opinion.

3. Sure. A clown show is a clown show in whatever city the circus sets up the 3 ring tent.

4. Not when measured against all the negatives. Numbers are not the whole solution to baseball; it is an art, not a science. The numbers that sam-me puts up include a number of 90 loss seasons for his team. The numbers our post sam-me team has put up are three division champiosnships (93,94,00). Thise numbers mean more than a 90 loss season and one player running gaudy numbers.

So we differ. That is what makes the conversations fun!

That's all well and good, i just think the massive numbers he puts up far outweigh the negatives. And like chisoxfn said, he plays hard every day, he wants to win, and he does care about his teammates. He has a big ego....so what. So does frank thomas, and he isn't anything compared to Sosa right now.

My point about being biased was i was looking past the fact that we hate him cuz he's a cub. I think part of this could be chalked up to hating him because he's on the cubs, but that's just my opinion. If that's not the case, well then ok. But "circus act"??? He's been getting better every year and i think the negatives he brings are focused on way too much.

And hotsoxchick, what is to say we couldn't have Maggs and Sammy here? I never said would you rather have maggs or sammy, just would you want Sammy. It's arguable who is a better overall player. But if you are that impressed by Maggs, i think bringing in a player of Maggs talent (if not better), would be very beneficial to the team.

I will say this, Sammy for George Bell, really sucked period, but should we regret it given the very significant silver lining(ie. Maggs' emmergence and perhaps championships) I say no and therefore can be glad the move was made, that which being the original concept of this thread. If I am Biased,ridiculous and sorely mistaken as a result so be it.

I will say this, Sammy for George Bell, really sucked period, but should we regret it given the very significant silver lining(ie. Maggs' emmergence  and perhaps championships) I say no and therefore can be glad the move was made, that which being the original concept of this thread.  If I am Biased,ridiculous and sorely mistaken as a result so be it.

I don't think having Sammy on this team would have prevented the emergence of Maggs. Maggs in left, Sammy in right, what's the problem here?

I don't think  having Sammy on this team would have prevented the emergence of Maggs. Maggs in left, Sammy in right, what's the problem here?

He wasn't a standout ML player 'till he got some on the job training at the ML level, his minor league stats show that, he was an undrafted FA, he would not get that opportunity without a vacency in the outfield. How many RF prospects do we really give 2 s***s about right now?

Sammy for Bell was one of the worst trades in Sox history. Who's to say that Sammy would have evolved into the one dimensional, selfish player he is today if he was with the Sox. I think that the "atmosphere" at Wrigley and the "lovable loser" mentality that permeates that organization allowed Sosa to turn into the jerk he has become.

George Bell was a big time bust from the word go. Considering that we traded Harold Baines for Sosa, then gave him up for Bell, that makes it an even worse deal.

Palmiero hit his 498 HR tonight and will be in 500 HR club very soon, I love how scrub fans blow us s*** about trading Sosa, Palmiero to me has had a fantastic career and the Cubs traded him for s*** M.Williams, but when you bring it up to them they do not want to talk about it ..........dam Hipacrits.... :fyou Cubs

fans

and didnt the savior prior hit a batter or two today??? i thought i heard that somewhere........

Yea, but you won't read about that in the papers tomorrow morning...

:fyou Chicago papers!!!

It's in both.

I don't think  having Sammy on this team would have prevented the emergence of Maggs. Maggs in left, Sammy in right, what's the problem here?

I know of about 30 million or so reasons why Sammy and Maggs could have never been in our OF together... :bang