Rockets sign Swift

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Reef, Kidd, Vinsanity, Richardson. Here come the Nets. W/ Larry Brown out of Detriot, Eddy Curry's uncertain health, Boston shopping Walker and Pierce, I see a clear path to the finals for New Jersey.

Richardson is with the Knicks. The Nets will indeed be a tough team in 06.

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Reef, Kidd, Vinsanity, Richardson. Here come the Nets. W/ Larry Brown out of Detriot, Eddy Curry's uncertain health, Boston shopping Walker and Pierce, I see a clear path to the finals for New Jersey.

Uh, overstatement? The Heat were 3 minutes from making the finals this year, and the Pistons won't collapse just cause Brown is gone.

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)

And by Richardson you mean Jefferson.

Is there enough ball for RJeff Vince and Reef?

Good move for the Rockets, I know a lot of people down here were a little confused at why they picked Head (I liked the pick) they thought they should have taken Simien but now with Swift in the mix it should make their team a whole lot better..

Don't count out Indiana as well. As much as they'll miss Reggie, don't ever underestimate Rick Carlisle.

Even though NJ may be pumping up their roster, IMO they are still no match for Shaq, Flash and the Heat.

The Eastern Conference is starting to get stronger again. Miami, Boston (if they resign #8), NJ, Indiana, Detroit...5 legitimate teams that have a shot to come out of the east to play the Spurs again in the Finals. Wow. And with Chicago, Washington and Cleveland rounding out the rest of the pack, the East is starting to be a beast again.

If Miami gets another shooter/rebounder, then they will be the favorite out of the East.

Also, good pickup for the Rockets getting Swift. So their starting 5 is McGrady-Swift-Yao-Sura-???, crud, I forgot who's their 2. :banghead

QUOTE(OilCan @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:30 AM)
Also, good pickup for the Rockets getting Swift.  So their starting 5 is McGrady-Swift-Yao-Sura-???, crud, I forgot who's their 2. :banghead

David Wesley.