Indians trade Gerut...

WSoxMatt

The Cubs making a good move

No they aren't. The move to get Lofton, Ramirez, and Simon was good. Getting Nomar was good. Dumping So-So was good. Giving up Willis to get El Pulpo was bad. Giving Garland for Karchner was bad (from a Cubs view). Trading Palmerio was bad.

when was the last time one could say that with a straight face

Getting Lofton and Ramirez, getting Nomar, and dumping So-So.

Edited by fry the twinkies

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
I'm a fan of Chicago baseball. I'm a fan of baseball. I have my teams I like and my teams I hate, but the only time I root against the Sox is when they play the Cubs.

www.nsbb.com

I'm a fan of Chicago baseball. I'm a fan of baseball. I have my teams I like and my teams I hate, but the only time I root against the Sox is when they play the Cubs.

Oh boy. :headshake :fthecubs

you not going to last long

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
They kicked me off for spelling Pujols's name "Pooholes", although I did get a new computer. Is the IP different on a new computer

haha ok you can stay.

QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
They kicked me off for spelling Pujols's name "Pooholes", although I did get a new computer. Is the IP different on a new computer

You have to perform a special procedure to change your IP. First you open your case. Next locate your mother board. Third, poor two liters of Mountain Dew over the entire circuitry, making sure to saturate everything (processer, RAM, etc.). You should be good. If not repeat with Mr. Pibb.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

You have to perform a special procedure to change your IP. First you open your case. Next locate your mother board. Third, poor two liters of Mountain Dew over the entire circuitry, making sure to cover everything (processer, RAM, etc.). You should be good. If not repeat with Mr. Pibb.

My computer has multiple logins. I could register at the library, then I could post from a different login on my computer. They only blocked one login. But I also got a new computer recently.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the Cubs "raped" the Indians in this deal. Dubois is a big time power prospect, and even though he's better suited for a DH position, the Cubs could have packaged him to get a much bigger upgrade in the outfield over Jody Gerut. There's not a team in the AL that wouldn't take their chances on Dubois as DH.

Jody Gerut couldn't even start over the struggling Casey Blake. I can't believe the overreaction by some people about this trade. You do realize that before the year, Dubois was being touted as one of the premiere young power hitters in baseball.

Shouldn't we be happy that the Indians (the team in our division) got the worst of the trade rather than the Cubs (in the other league).

It's like Prior ending up on the Cubs instead of the Twins in the draft. We should be glad that we don't have to face Prior in a Twins uni.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
Shouldn't we be happy that the Indians (the team in our division) got the worst of the trade rather than the Cubs (in the other league).

It's like Prior ending up on the Cubs instead of the Twins in the draft. We should be glad that we don't have to face Prior in a Twins uni.

Im scared this might awaken the cubs chances