THE WAVE

rangercal

Would you do the Wave during a white sox game?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do the Wave during a white sox game?

• Yes - Im there to have a good time, why not?
    • No - Im there to watch the game. I pay attention to the game.
    • No preference

I seen the wave started several times tonight. I actually almost got in a fight over a stupid argument with a Fellow sox fan over the wave. ( LOL don't worry no one was hurt) I respect everyone's opinion on this , this is more of a curiosity poll. Especially seeing the majority of the sell out crowd do the wave tonight.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO

especially during a cruicial point in the game.

If you look at who starts the wave, it's always the people that have absolutely no interest in the sox/game.

I think that's all you need right there

The wave is for amateurs. I despise the wave. Don't even get me started.

Also, i guess when the wave starts up they put a video on the screen almost promoting the wave. I haven't seen it, but my mom was at a recent game and said she saw it.

If this is true, shame on the Sox. That's pathetic.

Watch the f***ing game. It's not a circus.

I hate the f***in wave.

EDIT: The wave should honestly be banned from baseball games, it's annoying as hell when you're trying to watch the game and idiots in front of you are doing the damn wave.

Edited by Rowand44

Here's the deal, folks. With 30K fans in attendance, you are going to get more and more that come to the game for the sake of entertainment than die-hard Sox fans. No, I don't do the wave, as a rule. There are exceptions to the rule, like if I was with a bunch of kids and it was all about them having fun. If they wanted to do the wave, then I'd participate for their sake.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
Here's the deal, folks.  With 30K fans in attendance, you are going to get more and more that come to the game for the sake of entertainment than die-hard Sox fans.  No, I don't do the wave, as a rule.  There are exceptions to the rule, like if I was with a bunch of kids and it was all about them having fun.  If they wanted to do the wave, then I'd participate for their sake.

I'm a waver. SOmeone started it and when it came to my section I stood up. I sit in my seat and stay at my seat the entire game I love baseball but I will be a fan no matter what many people come to the game and the wave is something to get them involved in the game. There were close to 38000 fans all enjoying the game. Everybody Don't come to the game and sit and study the game like I do. But I love the deafening noise for support when the crowd is with the sox and that is what a crowd is suppose to do. As for being distracting, it is. I know cccertain players like Frank don't like it. I couldn't tell with the others.

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
I don't do the wave but I don't see why everyone hates it so much. It's actually a pretty cool thing to see a bunch of organisms working in conjunction with each other to make a "wave" move across the stadium.

they can all go outside in the parking lot or to a wave pool.. and do whatever they want, but it's a baseball game.. :headshake

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
I don't do the wave but I don't see why everyone hates it so much. It's actually a pretty cool thing to see a bunch of organisms working in conjunction with each other to make a "wave" move across the stadium.

Everyone hates it because you're trying to watch the game and people are jumping up in front of you.

You know, when the game is in hand, there's nothing more fun than doing the wave. During blow-outs, we do it all the time at ND Stadium. I know as a hard core fan that I'm supposed to hate it, but it's really fun when you do it at the right time.

So I'm an idiot.

All of you stop your crying. The point of going to games is to have a good time. Personally, I do not like the wave, nor do I partake in them...however, if the other fans are having a good time, that's a good thing...they will go home and spread the word how lively and fun the park is, and bring more friends the next time...which = more money for our team.

So...in saying that, :P

During blowouts I expect it.. but if the Sox are down I absolutely hate it. I never do it regardless.

One other thing.. those kids in the front row of the Scout seats last night.. oye ve.. if I were their parents I would have kicked their asses. Every inning it was up, down, running down the tunnel, waving, standing, doing whatever they could BUT watch the game. :angry:

And that little kid that was sitting right behind the Sox dugout dancing or whatever he was doing.. :huh Good grief..

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:04 AM)
The WAVE is so against what being a Sox fan is all about.

Oh really? I forgot that all Sox fans are actually Puritans and that we're not allowed to have fun or do dumb stuff from time to time. Uh-oh, I just saw a girl's ankles, I guess I should go scourge myself. I'll be back in a few minutes, guys.