THE WAVE

rangercal

Would you do the Wave during a white sox game?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do the Wave during a white sox game?

• Yes - Im there to have a good time, why not?
    • No - Im there to watch the game. I pay attention to the game.
    • No preference

I was sitting next to 2 couples last night. One was a married couple and the other the married couple set up on a blind date. It was hysterical. The guy who was set up, was singing at the top of his lungs every canned song played last night. The girl who he was set up with, who was pretty damn hot, would just kind of laugh. Then the wave started. He was doing it, throwing his hands above his head, screaming. After that the guy and the husband went to the bathroom or something. The 2 women where there and started talking, the wife apologized to her friend. Her friend said "It wasn't that bad until he started doing the wave", This is a true story. Doing the wave is not cool.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:18 AM)
I was sitting next to 2 couples last night. One was a married couple and the other the married couple set up on a blind date. It was hysterical. The guy who was set up, was singing at the top of his lungs every canned song played last night. The girl who he was set up with, who was pretty damn hot, would just kind of laugh. Then the wave started. He was doing it, throwing his hands above his head, screaming. After that the guy and the husband went to the bathroom or something. The 2 women where there and started talking, the wife apologized to her friend. Her friend said "It wasn't that bad until he started doing the wave", This is a true story. Doing the wave is not cool.

LMAO. This, I believe, says it all.

The wave aside, I have no preference although I do not do it, it does get the crowd going. They shoudl do it only between inning s and when the other team is batting. Last night was very interesting. I park on the street a few blocks away from the park and there were parties all throughout the neighbothood. The tailgatign was huge as well. It really felt like a Sturday. The crowd was also great, no fights and I am in the bleachers. Can't beat the Living on a Prayer sing along

As previously mentioned, if I am with some kids and they want to do the wave, sure. But otherwise no, I don't. I get irritated enough when vendors and morons that need to get up twice an inning - once to buy several beers and the other to relieve themselves of the beer - stand up during an at bat rather than during the half inning breaks.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:02 AM)
During blowouts I expect it.. but if the Sox are down I absolutely hate it. I never do it regardless.

One other thing.. those kids in the front row of the Scout seats last night.. oye ve.. if I were their parents I would have kicked their asses. Every inning it was up, down, running down the tunnel, waving, standing, doing whatever they could BUT watch the game.  :angry:

And that little kid that was sitting right behind the Sox dugout dancing or whatever he was doing..  :huh Good grief..

Um..that was my son.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
As previously mentioned, if I am with some kids and they want to do the wave, sure.  But otherwise no, I don't.  I get irritated enough when vendors and morons that need to get up twice an inning - once to buy several beers and the other to relieve themselves of the beer - stand up during an at bat rather than during the half inning breaks.

There ya go. It's all about the kids. Show the kids a good time and they become Sox fans. They'll eventually learn that the wave is ... um ... just something you only do for the kids.

Hate the wave...that is all :sleep

And yes Steff those kids yesterday....oy vey....Me and my 15, yes 15 year old brother were up in arms over that entire scout seat crowd yesterday. At one point there were four people in view on their cell phones waving. :headshake

I was at the game and I saw the wave start and thought to myself when was the last time I saw a wave at comiskey......I am not a fan of the wave, I didnt partake in it yesterday, but it was funny to see it take place at a sell out crowd on a monday night.....

I like the wave. It gives the casual fan something to do and let's me know there is a sellout or near sellout at the ballpark. It's also fun to do during the dull moments of games like when Duque is pitching. Saying whoever does the wave isn't a fan of baseball is just flat out wrong. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
I like the wave. It gives the casual fan something to do and let's me know there is a sellout or near sellout at the ballpark. It's also fun to do during the dull moments of games like when Duque is pitching. Saying whoever does the wave isn't a fan of baseball is just flat out wrong. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

They were doing it while The white sox were batting

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
They were doing it while The white sox were batting

And they had just gone up in the 7th (when I saw it on TV). It was rally time.. the fans were pumped.. at least it wasn't when the Sox were down by 5. Better that then screaming at Detroit fans or throwing punches with them - which I was happy to hear was not part of the Monday night line up last night.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
And they had just gone up in the 7th (when I saw it on TV). It was rally time.. the fans were pumped.. at least it wasn't when the Sox were down by 5. Better that then screaming at Detroit fans or throwing punches with them - which I was happy to hear was not part of the Monday night line up last night.

I may be in the minority here. I want to watch the rally. Im sure you don't like it when someone keeps standing in front of you during a movie in the theater.

Edited by rangercal

If people want to do the wave in between innings fine. Not during the game please. This is the exact kind of thing why a lot of sox fans are sox fans and not cub fans. If you want a circus their is one 8 miles north from here.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
I may be in the minority here. I want to watch the rally.  Im sure you don't like it when someone keeps standing in front of you during a movie in the theater.

I don't think you are.. but I'd rather it done when we're ahead versus down.

No. I hate it. I paid to watch the game, and that's what I want to do. The wave is bad baseball etiquitte.

I also hate it when people leave mid-inning during a batter and I have to stand up and miss a pitch or two. Drives me insane!

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
No. I hate it. I paid to watch the game, and that's what I want to do. The wave is bad baseball etiquitte.

I also hate it when people leave mid-inning during a batter and I have to stand up and miss a pitch or two. Drives me insane!

Excuse me. Can I get through, please.

This HEAVYWEIGHT lady kept walking up and down the stairs during the amazing hat game lol I got it wrong for the first time in 2 years :crying

Sadly.. the practice of waiting is gone. When I go I wait till between batters - more often between innings. And if I get back during an at bat I wait at the top of the stairs. Always a steady stream of traffic up and down them though.. :headshake