THE WAVE

rangercal

Would you do the Wave during a white sox game?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do the Wave during a white sox game?

• Yes - Im there to have a good time, why not?
    • No - Im there to watch the game. I pay attention to the game.
    • No preference

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Sadly.. the practice of waiting is gone. When I go I wait till between batters - more often between innings. And if I get back during an at bat I wait at the top of the stairs. Always a steady stream of traffic up and down them though..  :headshake

Its even worse on $1 dog Thursday :lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Sadly.. the practice of waiting is gone. When I go I wait till between batters - more often between innings. And if I get back during an at bat I wait at the top of the stairs. Always a steady stream of traffic up and down them though..  :headshake

Here here! I usually wait until between innings, but if it's during an at bat I'll wait for a pitch, run down the isle to my row, sit on the steps for another pitch and then go into my seat. That's when I'm one of the first couple seats. If I'm further in I'll wait until betwen innings.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)

A few stadiums (namely Petco and the BOB) now have their ushers stop you until a lull in the action. Meeting at the mound, pitching change, between innings. I think that is a great policy and should be considered at the Sox games as I cannot stand the people who get up and down 5,000 times a game during the inning.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
No. I hate it. I paid to watch the game, and that's what I want to do. The wave is bad baseball etiquitte.

I also hate it when people leave mid-inning during a batter and I have to stand up and miss a pitch or two. Drives me insane!

I hear that it was even happening at Hawk games. I always say, when that happens, society has gone to hell. Wait for a time out.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
A few stadiums (namely Petco and the BOB) now have their ushers stop you until a lull in the action. Meeting at the mound, pitching change, between innings. I think that is a great policy and should be considered at the Sox games as I cannot stand the people who get up and down 5,000 times a game during the inning.

Look no further than a Blackhawks game for that etiquette.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
Look no further than a Blackhawks game for that etiquette.

LOL...that was like two years ago!! You think I remember that far back?

Yeah I never got up during a hockey game....it is very nice.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
If people want to do the wave in between innings fine. Not during the game please. This is the exact kind of thing why a lot of sox fans are sox fans and not cub fans. If you want a circus their is one 8 miles north from here.

The Cubs sell hot dogs and more food in general. Maybe we should stop selling food at the games. If you want it, you could go 8 miles north of the cell. That's how silly it sounds. I hate when people think of things as, "oh the Cubs do that, so we shouldn't do that" Stop having the Cubs in mind.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)

It drives me up the wall! I usually sit through the entire game without going anywhere that isn't my seat. And I hate missing the game. I definitely think there should be some kind of thing that the ushers won't let you go down the aisle during an at bat. Definitely common courtesy.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
It drives me up the wall! I usually sit through the entire game without going anywhere that isn't my seat. And I hate missing the game. I definitely think there should be some kind of thing that the ushers won't let you go down the aisle during an at bat. Definitely common courtesy.

I am the exact sameway. I hate leaving my seat during a game. If I do, I hustle up to the bathroom and get back ASAP.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
The Cubs sell hot dogs and more food in general. Maybe we should stop selling food at the games. If you want it, you could go 8 miles north of the cell. That's how silly it sounds. I hate when people think of things as, "oh the Cubs do that, so we shouldn't do that" Stop having the Cubs in mind.

Its not so much as acting like the cubs. It's acting like their obnoxious fans! How the hell do you compare food to the wave???????????????????????????????????

the only wave i ever remotely liked was this year @ assembly hall.

It was a blowout against Northwestern, close to the end of the game and the wave started. Dee/Deron/and luth were on the bench and participated.

Pretty funny :lol:

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)

Technically speaking...Cub fans don't do the wave. And they don't have more food than the Sox. I know the Cubs were supposed to upgrade there ballpark food this year, but in prior years that stadium blew chunks opposed to the Cell in the food department.

I agree though and I'm not one to compare the two teams. Don't tell me how the Sox are doing in relation to the Cubs, tell me how the Sox are doing in the playoff standings.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Thank god....if this poll were the other way around, I'd close Soxtalk :lol:

The wave blows...case closed.

They seem to love it in Anaheim don't they? :D

I love 4 to 5 foot waves. Great on a boogie board out at the island. The only wave I like is between innings as people head to the concession stands. Or the wave when you think you recognize someone but it isn't them and you are standing there like a dumbass trying to fake waving at someone else.