Crede not the only one with back issues

per rotoworld:

Dustin Hermanson was held out of tonight's game due to a sore back.

''Hermie is not feeling well, his back is not feeling well,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''If he's not ready (this week), someone else will be ready. I cannot wait that long.'' Cliff Politte and Damaso Marte will split save opps if Hermanson winds up on the DL. Jul. 19 - 12:50 am et

I seem to remember Hermanson saying recently that he was getting tired. Hurry and get someone else for the pen KW!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Prediction: this sparks the Shingo love fest.

Bruce said that Jon Adkins would like come up for long relief. Bruce said we may be looking for another closer and a starter anyway. Bruce didn't mention my man Bajenaru whose ERA is 1.07 in 50 innings of work at aaa charlotte. :bringit

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Bruce said that Jon Adkins would like come up for long relief.  Bruce said we may be looking for another closer  and a starter anyway. Bruce didn't mention my man Bajenaru  whose ERA is 1.07 in 50 innings of work at aaa charlotte. :bringit

Well that settles it, if that's truly what happens, Baj should be dealt in a deadline deal for his own good, and that could very well happen.

Billy Wagner would be a great addition.

With KW stating he only wants to add to the mix, and not trade from the current group, is it reasonable that the Phillies would accept prospects and prospects only?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
Billy Wagner would be a great addition.

With KW stating he only wants to add to the mix, and not trade from the current group, is it reasonable that the Phillies would accept prospects and prospects only?

Is Philly in a cash crunch...? Prospect and cash sounds nice.

Certainly possible that Philly would take prospects and $$, but personally I'm not holding out much hope for it to play out that way. Other contenders are certain to line up for Wagner and could offer a major league component to the Phillies, plus a prospect or two.

I don't think the Sox have the bullets for Wagner, or should I say KW doesn't want to trade from the major league roster. To me, this is a longshot but I would love to have Wagner.

Also interesting to note that KW seems resigned that any help would need to come from the NL ... saying today that AL teams are not inclined to help the White Sox. So that narrows the playing field, which is what many here have suspected all along.

Things change though. Some player not on the market 7/19 suddenly becomes available 7/28.

Add to their cash crunch that Wagner openly said the Phillies are not a playoff team and he's unhappy there.

They want to get rid of him, he wants to leave. He wants to win, now.

I think the Sox can get him...it will cost a lot, but I'd do it.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
I've been hearing from all over(an example is BBTN) that the Phillies won't deal him, Utley or Abreu at the deadline. They think Wagner is a huge part of the team and that he's a difference between wins and losses. Gammons also said that he expects Wagner to resign with Philly.

FWIW, my opinion is that this remains to be seen.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
I've been hearing from all over(an example is BBTN) that the Phillies won't deal him, Utley or Abreu at the deadline. They think Wagner is a huge part of the team and that he's a difference between wins and losses. Gammons also said that he expects Wagner to resign with Philly.

Weeeeell, if Peter Alzheimers said it, book it. ;)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:38 AM)

No way Wagner resigns in Philly, he hates the city and the team. The day he was traded there he swore he'd sign with St. Louis when his contract was up and make the Astros regret the trade. I think he restated a similar comment recently.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:37 AM)
The White Sox aren't even a team that's seriously being mentioned as being in the hunt for Wagner.............now the RED Sox on the other hand are said to be close in getting Wagner and get this, Thome too.

The Yankees were supposedly a lock to get Garcia last year.

Just out of curiosity...can anyone think of a team anywhere in history that has come out and thrown out a righty who can throw 99+ in the 8th inning and followed him up by a lefty that can throw 99+ in the 9th inning?

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
well everybody better be cheering for the teams that play the phillies because if the phillies stay in the race there is no way wagner is going anywhere.

OK! As long as they aren't playing the f***in' Cubs.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
The Yankees were supposedly a lock to get Garcia last year.

Just out of curiosity...can anyone think of a team anywhere in history that has come out and thrown out a righty who can throw 99+ in the 8th inning and followed him up by a lefty that can throw 99+ in the 9th inning?

Well my guess is that Jenks would be a part of any Wagner trade so it's doubtful we'll see that on the southside either.