H Reyonlds On Our Chances

Winnin Ugly

HR is quite right...the picture does change in the postseason. We know that.

That's why it's up to our guys to prove that they belong. There's no reason the Sox can't match up with anyone given our pitching staff, but until we've done it, we're still unproven.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
HR is quite right...the picture does change in the postseason.  We know that.

That's why it's up to our guys to prove that they belong.  There's no reason the Sox can't match up with anyone given our pitching staff, but until we've done it, we're still unproven.

That's the fact, Jack!

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
It would suck because instead of them covering the playoffs they would be runing specails on how to fix the yankess and red sox.

This is one of those rare instances that I agree with you, though the reasoning is different. I'd love for the Sox beat the Yankees in the 1st round and then the BoSox in the ALCS. That would make them all sit down and STFU.

Donnie Brasco (NY): If Hermanson is out long term, would the White Sox go out and get a solid closer? Politte's worst year was as a closer so I don't think he is viewed as a long-term solution. Any thoughts?

Rob Neyer: (2:40 PM ET ) Wash same answer. Rinse. Repeat. The White Sox are so far ahead of the Twins, does the status of Hermanson really matter? Damaso Marte's capable of closing games, and now Bobby Jenks is the closer-in-waiting. But what's wrong with Hermanson? Something just happen?

Dont these so called experts read the newspaper

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Donnie Brasco (NY): If Hermanson is out long term, would the White Sox go out and get a solid closer? Politte's worst year was as a closer so I don't think he is viewed as a long-term solution. Any thoughts?

Rob Neyer: (2:40 PM ET ) Wash same answer. Rinse. Repeat. The White Sox are so far ahead of the Twins, does the status of Hermanson really matter? Damaso Marte's capable of closing games, and now Bobby Jenks is the closer-in-waiting. But what's wrong with Hermanson? Something just happen?

Dont these so called experts read the newspaper

I kind of agree with Neyer here. If there is a deal out there that makes sense, then I say you try and bring that guy, be it Wagner or Guardado. But I wouldn't hit the panic button. While they haven't proven to close games as well as Hermanson, I think that Politte and Marte can hold the fort for a few weeks. Wagner or Guardado would be nice, but I'd like to wait the Hermanson situation out a little bit.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
This is one of those rare instances that I agree with you, though the reasoning is different.  I'd love for the Sox beat the Yankees in the 1st round and then the BoSox in the ALCS.  That would make them all sit down and STFU.

I'm with you on this one. I want the Sox to win it all and I want them to go through the best teams to do it. I think it will be the evil empire, the carmines, and the Angels that will make it to the playoffs with the sox. The Twins pitching is so damn good, thank god they have no bats.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
It would suck because instead of them covering the playoffs they would be runing specails on how to fix the yankess and red sox.

LOL Anthrax, thats the funniest(and the most truthful) thing I have seen you type.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Does anyone in Oklahoma City care about Cardinals - Cubs? Twins - Sox? I will say this in ESPNs defense, Red Sox - Yankees draw the viewers. They have the biggest payrolls and the biggest rivalry. They have rosters filled with All-Stars and household names. For the casual fan they are trying to attract to the telecast, it's an easy call. I don't like it, but it's the fact.

Look at history. Where have the World Series winners been from? Let's go back 15 years for the Central Division of the AL and NL.

1990 Reds won

1991 Minny won

1995 Cleveland got nuked

1997 Cleveland got nuked

2004 Cards got swept

East Coast teams: 17 Appearances - 11 Wins

West Coast: 8 Appearances - 2 Wins

Central Teams: 5 Appearances - 2 Wins

Now can you see why any nationaly televised show would spend more time on East Coast teams?

Plus this season, it's about the only races out there. Cards and Sox have just about wrapped up their division. The Angles shouldn't have a problem. It's basically the East Coast teams battling.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)
Does anyone in Oklahoma City care about Cardinals - Cubs? Twins - Sox? I will say this in ESPNs defense, Red Sox - Yankees draw the viewers. They have the biggest payrolls and the biggest rivalry. They have rosters filled with All-Stars and household names. For the casual fan they are trying to attract to the telecast, it's an easy call. I don't like it, but it's the fact.

Look at history. Where have the World Series winners been from? Let's go back 15 years for the Central Division of the AL and NL.

1990 Reds won

1991 Minny won

1995 Cleveland got nuked

1997 Cleveland got nuked

2004 Cards got swept

East Coast teams: 17 Appearances - 11 Wins

West Coast: 8 Appearances - 2 Wins

Central Teams: 5 Appearances - 2 Wins

Now can you see why any nationaly televised show would spend more time on East Coast teams?

Plus this season, it's about the only races out there. Cards and Sox have just about wrapped up their division. The Angles shouldn't have a problem. It's basically the East Coast teams battling.

Shut up! :chair You're using logic. We want to be free to b**** without having to deal with that!