jimenez 2b

thomas dh

magglio rf

valentin ss

konerko 1b

lee lf

crede 3b

catcher

not sure if id do it..just thought id throw it out...2 advantages..an actual basestealer in the lead off spot...and val becomes are lefty power hitting in the middle of the order

Interesting lineup, although calling up Harris and sticking him in the leadoff spot is a bit dicey.

Agreed, stick Harris in the nine hole for a while. I also think Olivo can do a lot of little things and he could turn into a really good two hole hitter in the future.

Agreed, stick Harris in the nine hole for a while.  I also think Olivo can do a lot of little things and he could turn into a really good two hole hitter in the future.

as soon as olivo learns to walk a little more..he would make a great number 2 hitter..

heather...thats cool..flip flop lee and konerko

as soon as olivo learns to walk a little more..he would make a great number 2 hitter..

Konerko at 7 I should think not. Lee's 2 1/2 weeks don't make him a better hitter than Paul K

Konerko at 7 I should think not. Lee's 2 1/2 weeks don't make him a better hitter than Paul K

Paulie's just not seeing the ball right now. If he can improve, then we might bring him up again.

OK..then flip flop them back... :lol: i think they are pretty much interchangable....maybe go with who is hot at the time

OK..then flip flop them back... :lol: i think they are pretty much interchangable....maybe go with who is hot at the time

Did I just hear someone question who is HOTTER???? :lol:

Paulie's just not seeing the ball right now. If he can improve, then we might bring him up again.

Konerko is really coming along. He's a better proven run producer so I'd stick him there. Plus its a better way to break up the slow players.

Also in reference to Olivo, we'll see him draw plenty of walks as soon as he gets comfortable. This kid has great patience at the plate.

One thing I'd do is have Carlos and Konerko ahead of Jose against lefties.

Konerko is really coming along. He's a better proven run producer so I'd stick him there. Plus its a better way to break up the slow players.

Also in reference to Olivo, we'll see him draw plenty of walks as soon as he gets comfortable. This kid has great patience at the plate.

Agree 100% with breaking up the slow players

Agree 100% with breaking up the slow players

It kills me with all the double plays the Sox have already hit into. We know Konerko and Magglio will hit into a ton of them. If we can find a way to have speed in front of Maggs (we usually do unless its Frank) and then have it on again in front of PK, we'd probably see those numbers drop.

Those numbers are also inflated because the top guys got on base so often early on while the Sox bats were absolutely horrid in the middle. That and when you try to pull every outside pitch you see, your gonna hit a heck of a lot of grounders (That goes for pretty much everyone on our lineup)

I've been watching Mags' hitting into double plays for years, trying to figure it out. The one time I hate to see him at bat is with a runner at first and 1 out.

And from watching this all these years, I think Mags' dps have nothing to do with speed on the bases. It could have been Durham at first, or Jose, or Frank, or last season, Willie Harris, and they are still all out by the same margin when the dp is made. You could have the fastest person ever on the bases in front of Mags and it won't matter than if you ahve the slowest person ever.

Mags creams them so hard to the shortstop that it is a simple 6-4-3.

So I am not as concerned as putting speed on the bases in front of Mags as a way to reduce the double plays. I like the speed in front of Frank - because when he is hitting he can move them around, and I think that time is real fast upon us. If Frank moves them then Mags has something to work with - hopefully with first open. Doesn't help Mags at all to have P (I never hit in the month of May) K hitting behind him for the last half of 2002 and thus far in 2003.

I would leave JV in that number 2 spot in the lineup. Putting Harris in the leadoff spot is risky, but with Jiminez scuffling like he has been lately, that might be the thing to do. If not, I'd put Harris batting 8th in front of whoever is catching. With him on base, Alomar and Olivo should see some good pitches to hit.

I've been watching Mags' hitting into double plays for years, trying to figure it out.  The one time I hate to see him at bat is with a runner at first and 1 out. 

Maggs is always puzzling in that regard because he seems to have made a brilliant career by taking very different approaches to different pitchers,hence the low k totals. However, it makes no matter who's pitching in that situation because the smart money says 6-4-3 dp, that adjustment is immpossible for him, whereas put that runner on 2 with 1 out and you can expect him to bring him home, not ground to short. I don't know what you do for that but it would be a weakness of his for sure.

I say leave Jimenez alone. Every hitter is going to scuffle a bit during a season, you can't start jerking everyone around simply because they're going through a cold stretch. He keeps getting good looks, and still hits some pretty hard balls. He'll come around. This is what I'd like to see against rhp:

Jimenez 2b

Valentin ss

Ordonez rf

Konerko 1B

Rios cf

Thomas dh

Lee lf

Crede 3b

Olivo/Alomar c

harris cf

jimenez 2b

thomas dh

magglio rf

valentin ss

konerko 1b

lee lf

crede 3b

catcher

not sure if id do it..just thought id throw it out...2 advantages..an actual basestealer in the lead off spot...and val becomes are lefty power hitting in the middle of the order

I like you're thinking but is Harris the long term answer for CF? I want a long term CFer like a Jim Landis or Chet Lemon. I always thought of Harris as an IFer but if I'm wrong that's OK. I just don't like the CF situation as it is right now.

I like you're thinking but is Harris the long term answer for CF? I want a long term CFer like a Jim Landis or Chet Lemon. I always thought of Harris as an IFer but if I'm wrong that's OK. I just don't like the CF situation as it is right now.

No..... so do I..... he is originally a 2B..... and me too :lol:

Right now I would have to disagree with moving PK further down the line up. He is finally coming around. You do realize that he is now hitting for a HIGHER average than Carlos is? (.242 vs .244) Pauly is on a 10 game hitting streak and reached base in 18 straight games.

Right now I would have to disagree with moving PK further down the line up.  He is finally coming around.  You do realize that he is now hitting for a HIGHER average than Carlos is?  (.242 vs .244)  Pauly is on a 10 game hitting streak and reached base in 18 straight games.

Exactly, he started off slow, but he's as solid for .280-30-100 as anyone on the team, save Mags. Leave him and Jimenez alone, they'll be fine. I still say move Frank out of the 3-spot. He's just not productive enough anymore.