what about this line up

baggio202

Exactly, he started off slow, but he's as solid for .280-30-100 as anyone on the team, save Mags.  Leave him and Jimenez alone, they'll be fine.  I still say move Frank out of the 3-spot.  He's just not productive enough anymore.

Not with that hip he isn't..

It was, however, encouraging to see that in the 7th or 8th inning last night, The Big Hip almost hit one out to right field.  Would have been the first Sox home run to right field by a rightie since 1942.

Or Maggs the other night against Johan Santana, which ever came first :P

Or Maggs the other night against Johan Santana, which ever came first :P

Oh that's right, you got me on that one, and I was even THERE when Mags hit that one, in the right field seats no less. Methinks I might have had one too many that evening. I didn't run on the field, though, unlike many of my southside bretheren before me.

Oh that's right, you got me on that one, and I was even THERE when Mags hit that one, in the right field seats no less.  Methinks I might have had one too  many that evening.  I didn't run on the field, though, unlike many of my southside bretheren before me.

I think that is one AB that will stick in my mind for a LONG time. That was a superstar piece of hitting against a guy who had not given up a run all year, and is going to be a great pitcher for a long time in this league.

Well, I've read most of your guys' posts, and here's what I think...

-- Jimenez is our lead-off hitter. The only way we move him IMO is if he continues to struggle. Give him the Seattle series and we'll see what things look like after that.

-- If Harris is going to be in the line-up, we need to put him in a position to succeed, and hitting lead-off would not be a good spot for him to start at initially. We also need to put him in a position where his speed can be utilized. As someone suggested, if we move him into the #2 hole, we could move Jose down to the lower part of the line-up and break up our righties. I say we put Harris #2, and Jose #6.

-- Frank and Magglio should stay where they are. No problems there.

-- Olivo #2? C'mon. His OBP is .240. That is horrid. I think he'll come around, don't get me wrong. As some of you suggested, once he gets comfortable, he'll be just fine, but as of right now he's nothing but a #9 hitter. A pretty good #9 hitter, yes, but on this team, a definite #9.

-- As far as PK and Lee go, I think we should have Konerko #5, and Lee #7. As Jason said, PK is starting to come around, so I think we should give him the higher spot in the line-up. And Lee, I think, would benefit from hitting after Jose.

-- By default, Crede would be our #8.

So, here they are...

2B Jimenez

CF Harris

DH Thomas

RF Ordonez

1B Konerko

SS Valentin

LF Lee

3B Crede

C Olivo

Why no Rios? He's a lefty who seems to be our best clutch hitter thus far, although his Baserunning Intelligence Quotient is somewhere in the negative numbers. If you insist on using Harris, I like your lineup idea, but I'm sticking with yanking Frank out of the 3-spot. No problems with Frank? I would disagree with that.

Frank has played the 3 hole for a long time. He won't be moved. He is comfortable there and everyone knows that. Also, Rios is not an everday player, not in center atleast. Harris has the speed to cover the territory and could actually develop into a decent hitter. We will see soon what happens. I would like Willie to accomplish something this time up.

Why no Rios?  He's a lefty who seems to be our best clutch hitter thus far, although his Baserunning Intelligence Quotient is somewhere in the negative numbers. If you insist on using Harris, I like your lineup idea, but I'm sticking with yanking Frank out of the 3-spot.  No problems with Frank?  I would disagree with that.

Move Frank to where? #4? #5?

Since the consensus is that Magglio is our best player, we need guys that are going to get on base for him to give him RBI opps, and Frank has been our best guy in that category. His .446 OBP is the best on the team, and he's not even hitting well yet. When he starts to, watch out.

Move Frank to where?  #4?  #5?

Since the consensus is that Magglio is our best player, we need guys that are going to get on base for him to give him RBI opps, and Frank has been our best guy in that category.  His .446 OBP is the best on the team, and he's not even hitting well yet.  When he starts to, watch out.

You really think he is going to come around? His swing still looks awful when you compare it to the swing he had in his glory days. There is a ton of up and down motion with his head and shoulders. Plus his hips are flying open way too quickly and forcefully. When he was hitting the ball well his motion was much more under control and less jerky through the zone. It almost seems as if he is swinging hard to compensate for the holes in his swing.

Willie Harris can be a great leadoff hitter but he needs to change his mentality and worry about get on base instead trying hitting HRs!! The rest of this lineup is good, i like Jose in the middle of the right hitters. Daubach would fit well after PK, it would be a left (José), right (PK), left(Daubach), right (crede).