GAME THREAD 7-19-05 SOX vs Tigers

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Uuuum, no. This is not wrapped up yet. As you can clearly see, it is July 19th. Look at what the Astros did last year after adding Beltran.

All I'm going to say is your credibility has really went down after all these Contreras posts and I mean a lot.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Because Shingo will be gone anyway. So basically it's Count/BMac for Schmidt/El Duque. BMac was less than spectacular in his performance in the bigs. Besides, when has a prospect KW traded become very successful and up to par with his expectation?

And are you seriously comparing Schmidt to Nomo???

El Duque doesn't come into this because he was signed previously. And just because B-Mac who has half a season of experience above AA, doesn't come in and set the world on fire in the majors at a very young age, you want to trade him already? Oh and here are some prospects;

Frankie Francisco

Garry Majewski

Jeremy Reed

Mike Morse

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
El Duque doesn't come into this because he was signed previously. And just because B-Mac who has half a season of experience above AA, doesn't come in and set the world on fire in the majors at a very young age, you want to trade him already? Oh and here are some prospects;

Frankie Francisco

Garry Majewski

Jeremy Reed

Mike Morse

Those are successful to you???? And yes, El Duque CAN be brought in because essentially, he took Shingo's spot.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
I don't understand how the Tigers don't have a better record this year. They have good pitching and solid hitting and pretty good defense. It makes no sense.

They don't get big hits when they need them. Individually their hitters have been up good numbers, as a whole, not so much.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
All I'm going to say is your credibility has really went down after all these Contreras posts and I mean a lot.

So you're taking DBAH0's and jphat's side???

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
They don't get big hits when they need them.  Individually their hitters have been up good numbers, as a whole, not so much.

That must be it, because these guys are better hitters than the twins, which should make up for the drop off in pitching. I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised to see them in 2nd place.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Those are successful to you???? And yes, El Duque CAN be brought in because essentially, he took Shingo's spot.

But El Duque was already with the team, it's not like he's a new addition or anything. You don't think Francisco was successful last season? He's was the Rangers freakin best set-up man. Morse has hit unbelievably in his start in the majors, Majewski's been a good reliever for the Nats, and Reed's been better than advertised defensively.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
There is no use in arguing if you honestly believe that a 100% Schmidt is better than a 100% Contreras...

Considering no-one in the majors has probably seen Contreras at 100%, that's a pretty unfair statement to make. And Schmidt's not at 100% at the moment.

That is it I am done watching any game pitched by Jose this year, It just seems that the offense is lifeless when he pitches, It kind of reminds me of our 5th starter game of the past few years, they get down early and thats it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
But El Duque was already with the team, it's not like he's a new addition or anything. You don't think Francisco was successful last season? He's was the Rangers freakin best set-up man. Morse has hit unbelievably in his start in the majors, Majewski's been a good reliever for the Nats, and Reed's been better than advertised defensively.

But El Duque was injured and technically, he is an addition because he has been gone on 2 15-day DL stints.I'll give you Francisco but the other 3, not some much. And compared to the total number of prospects that didn't pan out for the Sox or when traded from the Sox, I'll take my chances.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)

Frankie Francisco

Garry Majewski

Jeremy Reed

Mike Morse

I'd like to see some extended success from any of them to consider them prospects that turned into good players.

Well, in leau of csf79's statement, I could also argue that Schmidt would be a breath of fresh air to the offense. Schmidt works faster and keep's his defense in the game. The offense would get the feeling that "Man, we should really work for this guy 'cuz he's busting his butt out there to get us off the field and in the batter's box."

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Well, in leau of csf79's statement, I could also argue that Schmidt would be a breath of fresh air to the offense. Schmidt works faster and keep's his defense in the game. The offense would get the feeling that "Man, we should really work for this guy 'cuz he's busting his butt out there to get us off the field and in the batter's box."

No hitters don't hit better for pitchers because they are trying hard.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
No hitters don't hit better for pitchers because they are trying hard.

Are you kidding!?! Did you ever see Livan Hernandez pitch for the Giants back in the day. He worked so damn slow and so lazily that the defense was on their heels the entire game and completely out of it. Look at MB, he works fast, get's out of innings, gets the batters in the box....look at his successfulness.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
You'll give him Francisco?? You don't have to give him anything. You asked him about Sox prospects that have turned out, and those 4 names have so far. Like Dabby said, Morse has hit the cover off the ball when given AB's, Gary has been a key to the Nats being where they are, and Reed might be a Top 5, Top 3 OF in the leauge with his D.

You're going to say that Majewski, Morse, and Reed are GOOD major league players?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Are you kidding!?! Did you ever see Livan Hernandez pitch for the Giants back in the day. He worked so damn slow and so lazily that the defense was on their heels the entire game and completely out of it. Look at MB, he works fast, get's out of innings, gets the batters in the box....look at his successfulness.

LOL> I think you are thinking about the defense getting on their heels. THe offense doesn't say, "man, he's pitching great, but he works slow so I'm not going to score any runs for him"

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 12:51 PM)
I'd like to see some extended success from any of them to consider them prospects that turned into good players.

Well you can't make that statement right now until you give those guys a few years in the majors to see what they're capable of.