GAME THREAD 7-19-05 SOX vs Tigers

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose has a career ERA over 5. I don't understand how he can go out there and stink it up most of the time and yet most defend him like he's this amazing pitcher, who's having a bad year. Jose sucks and other than a few outings here and there, has shown us that. I wish KW would trade him just so I didn't have to hear the excuses thrown out in defense of Jose. He can give up 7 runs and someone will say "he totally dominated except for those 3 innings." I just don't understand the attachment to a guy who's been mediocre his entire career and has only been wearing a sox uniform for just over a year.

Bonderman looks good and Contreras again struggles getting the third out of an inning. Not the first time. So what? Sometimes it's not your night. I just don't want to see the Sox lose a series at home to the Tigers. I was hoping this year it would be different!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
And we still pitch them back-to-back, which takes a toll on our bullpen.  I'm not criticizing Ozzie here (he's had a great stretch lately), but he really should have split them up.

Im getting tired of seeing contreras period. Ill prolly start listening on the radio so i dont throw something at my tv. :ph34r:

Does he have other pitch besides the fastball and fork cause thats all i ever see? Why wont he use a change up or slider more often?

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Im getting tired of seeing contreras period.  Ill prolly start listening on the radio so i dont throw something at my tv. :ph34r:

Does he have other pitch besides the fastball and fork cause thats all i ever see?  Why wont he use a change up or slider more often?

That slider has been hit for a homer about half the time he throws it this year. He almost always hangs it when he tries to throw it sidearms.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Don't look now, but we have 2 hits.  This is like a weekly thing, at least we win a lot of them.

I would take a lefty bat over a reliever right this second (assuming Hermanson will be ok). Our offense just isn't the same with Frank and Dye not bashing the ball like they were for a good portion of June.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
The Cubans are a problem.  Why couldn't they be one pitcher name Jolando Contrandez.  A guy with balls that knows how to pitch with talent.  The talent coming from Contreras and the balls/knowledge coming from Duque.  Unfortunately, we have two half pitchers.

Duque may be a problem. COntreras has been all we could ask out of a 4 or 5 starter. He's done an awesome job. Only be "out" of 3 games in which he's pitched horribly.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Ross Gload anyone.

You won't see him anytime soon. I think it's been made pretty obvious that KW/Ozzie don't feel like he deserves a spot on the 25 roster over anyone else currently on the team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
That slider has been hit for a homer about half the time he throws it this year.  He almost always hangs it when he tries to throw it sidearms.

Isnt that his hanging forkball? It looks like it goes straight and then dips in the middle of the plate.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Isnt that his hanging forkball?  It looks like it goes straight and then dips in the middle of the plate.

I was thinking about the meatball he threw to Sal Fasano earlier this year that was on the slider. I just cringe whenever I see him try to throw sidearm.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Duque may be a problem. COntreras has been all we could ask out of a 4 or 5 starter. He's done an awesome job. Only be "out" of 3 games in which he's pitched horribly.

He's had more than 3 bad games.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
is it just me, or has Bonderman consistently gone 2-0 to Sox hitters all night?

He's fallen behind all night. He hasn't had very good stuff. He gave up 6 ER to the ROYALS at home his last start.

Bottom line is we just don't score while Contreras is out there.