The Downside to being 12 games up

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:29 AM)
The Sox lost last night?  And the Twins won?  OH MY GOD! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET TRADED FOR SOMEONE ELSE! HEADS NEED TO ROLL!  SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO.......SOMETHING!! THIS IS BAD PEOPLE! NOT BAD LIKE IM NAKED AT SCHOOL IN MY DREAM BAD, BUT MORE LIKE I AM NAKED AT AN ALL MALE-SCHOOL IN MY DREAM BAD. THATS REALLY BAD PEOPLE.  IF THE WHITE SOX DONT TRADE JERMAINE DYE AND AARON ROWAND AND BRANDON MCCARTHY FOR KEN GRIFFEY JR STRAIGHT UP, THEN IT WILL GET WORSE!  PLEASE, SOMEONE DO SOMETHING! A 5 GAME WIN STREAK TO START THE SECOND HALF AND A 12 GAME LEAD OVER THE TWINS ISNT ENOUGH.  ITS TIME TO PANIC PEOPLE!

LOUD NOISES

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
But if we lose and we did something (for hypothetical purposes, say we obtain one of Guardado, Wagner, Griffey, Schmidt, or Burnett), then what?  People will say we shouldn't have done something?

Clearly he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  I know we all want to win the WS really bad, but I don't know if that's should be the basis for judging KWs deadline moves.

NOPE, if he made all those moves and we lost it, I'd be dissapointed but not pissed at KW. Because on paper, those guys would give us an upgrade at overall talent and better chance at winning the WS. I know the game is not played on paper and there are upsets and nothing is a guarantee and look at the Yankees and all the talent they have, blah blah blah,..... but an upgarde at talent improves your chances. You go from hoping the Sox can upset a few teams in the playoffs to putting them in a good position to suceed. It's the difference between hoping it will happen and making it happen.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:29 AM)
The Sox lost last night?  And the Twins won?  OH MY GOD! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET TRADED FOR SOMEONE ELSE! HEADS NEED TO ROLL!  SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO.......SOMETHING!! THIS IS BAD PEOPLE! NOT BAD LIKE IM NAKED AT SCHOOL IN MY DREAM BAD, BUT MORE LIKE I AM NAKED AT AN ALL MALE-SCHOOL IN MY DREAM BAD. THATS REALLY BAD PEOPLE.  IF THE WHITE SOX DONT TRADE JERMAINE DYE AND AARON ROWAND AND BRANDON MCCARTHY FOR KEN GRIFFEY JR STRAIGHT UP, THEN IT WILL GET WORSE!  PLEASE, SOMEONE DO SOMETHING! A 5 GAME WIN STREAK TO START THE SECOND HALF AND A 12 GAME LEAD OVER THE TWINS ISNT ENOUGH.  ITS TIME TO PANIC PEOPLE!

(If you wish, imagine the above statement in green.  I dont think it is necassary)

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WERE SCREAMING ABOUT!

I ate a red candle. :)

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WERE SCREAMING ABOUT!

I ate a red candle. :)

My favorite was "I once at some fiberglass insulation. It wasnt cotton candy like the guy told me. My stomach is Itchy!"

lol

edit: damn, I didnt notice I was past 1000 posts! Cheers to me! That is a productive 2 months at work!

Edited by kyyle23

Kenny Williams did play the game, y'know as did Ozzie...they know what it's like to be in a clubhouse. And I believe they have good enough communication to tell if they truly feel they NEED another player. That's the key word...NEED.

Griffey, Schmidt, Burnett, Guardado, Wagner, etc. Are they NEEDS? Well, a 62-30 record says no. But, if Don Cooper is losing faith in The Count, that might change. Or if Ozzie starts to lose faith in Crede or Uribe, that might change. But, it sounds like this team will live and die with each other right now...so, adding someone might not be such a great idea?

Only people close to the organization know.............

...........Steff? :P

Edited by TheDybber

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
Man...it's one negative post after another with you.

Let's completely revamp the line-up, eh?

Trade three starters for who??

Who will take them?? Have you thought that through??

Where will you trade Pual, what will you get in return?

Same with Aaron...Jermaine...

Now, the propects you will trade away, also...

There is an old saying. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

Your posts have been nothing but complaints and nitpicking against the team with the best record in the Majors.

Come up with realistic solutions, if you are so concerned.

ESPN recently did a feature on blockbuster trades at the deadline. The majority that went on to the World Series and won did NOT make a blockbuster trade. Yes, they made tiny trades to bolster a bullpen or bench. But not to the degree you suggest. Boston last year was an exception, not the rule.

Might I suggest easing up on the fantasy baseball mentality when approaching this team. In Fantasy baseball you can trade half your team to another team...because it's a fantasy. There is soemthing to be said about chemistry. It's not a major cog in the wheel, but it helps.

Just some advice...Enjoy this team. We may never have another season like this again.

eh...I think you're confusing me with someone else. I raised this topic as a question, a possibility that a 12 game lead could make management too hesitant to make a move that could be the difference in getting to the playoffs and winning the WS. I'm not suggesting some wild ass trades, as you seem to think I am. Don't be so knee jerk in your reactions. These boards are a fun place to raise a question. Relax, put down the jar of glue and take a deep breath. Believe me, I'm enjoying this season even as a relocated fan.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:33 AM)
This team could win the WS as is.  It could lose in the first round as is.  We don't know, but we better hope like hell that KW does.  If we win it all, nobody will complain about anything that we do/did.  But if we lose, a lot of people will be here to say that we should have done something...and in that case, they'll be right.

My point is that none of us know what's going on.  We don't know that we need a trade, but we don't know that we do n.o.t. need anything.  Someone says we need a trade, that person gets berated.  Someone says we should stand pat, that person gets berated.  Nobody knows, so maybe we should all get off of our high horses.

Does this mean that now you want to keep Contreras?