All-Time Greats in Baseball History..

Being a 20 year-old, im subjected to mostly the steroid era of baseball... which kinda depresses me. I was thinking about it tonight, and if i could see one player who i never got to see.... it would most likely be Mickey Mantle. With Wille Mays a close second

The Mick just seems like my type of guy.... booze-broads-homeruns....

Whose would yours be?

Discuss.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 07:39 AM)
Being a 20 year-old, im subjected to mostly the steroid era of baseball... which kinda depresses me. I was thinking about it tonight, and if i could see one player who i never got to see.... it would most likely be Mickey Mantle. With Wille Mays a close second

The Mick just seems like my type of guy.... booze-broads-homeruns....

Whose would yours be?

Discuss.

I'm with you. I would love to see Mantle play. Power, speed, defense. He was a beast of a player. I would love to see him in his prime.

Considering that I saw Mantle, Mays, Clemente (The man does not get his due.), Aaron, Bench, Seaver .. yada yada yada .. all the greats from the mid 60's forward, I'd have to say Williams, Musial, Cobb and Shoeless Joe.

As much as would love to have seen Mickey Mantle. I would give my left nut to have seen Sandy Koufax pitch or Carl Hubell strike out all those guys in the all star game in a row.

Lou Gehrig

Willie Mays

but the best would have been to be able to go back in time and watch the negro league games. See some of those guys, they talk about. Paige and stuff.

Satchel Paige, Shoeless Joe, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Honus Wagner, Cy Young, Bob Gibson, Walter Johnson, Ed Walsh, Nellie Fox...just off the top pf my head.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
but the best would have been to be able to go back in time and watch the negro league games. See some of those guys, they talk about. Paige and stuff.

Very excellent choice, IMO.

I would say Cobb, Hornsby, Shoeless Joe, The Babe.